Friday, May 18, 2018

Bryan's Heart Attack Scare

Today started off pretty normal considering our son was getting married tomorrow.
So, of course, we were doing the normal running around: Costco, Floral Shop,
Pack the cars so we can be prepared for set up at the venue, etc.
We came home and Bryan started on chores at home: mow and water the grass,
vacuum the pool, etc. I was getting ready for the Kalamity Show that I was MCing
and was just about to leave when I noticed Bryan was pacing and just seemed 
out of sort. I asked him if everything was OK and he said, "I'm just waiting for
the ASPRIN to kick in." I questioned, "ASPRIN?" Then asked him is it your Heart?
He said it just felt a little tight and his arm was hurting.
Well, that was all I needed to hear, I told him to get in the car and we are headed to
the hospital.  He kept saying, "NO this is bad timing, you have to go to the show
and Trevor is getting married tomorrow. I can't do this right now."
I told him lets just get checked out and then hopefully they will send us home.
Well, on the way to the hospital about a mile away, he scared me because he said
that it was getting worse. I pulled up and he walked himself into the ER and he said
everyone jumped when he said chest pain. 
 Well, we arrived at 3:45pm and I was supposed to be at the school for the show at 5:00pm so
I thought this should be perfect timing, let's get checked out and go. So they did an EKG immediately and everything looked GOOD, then they did an IV and drew blood and that came back fine, then they did an x-ray to look for blood clots in this chest and that came back great. So they said let's wait for a few hours and draw more blood and check the heart one more time to watch his levels. Sometimes the levels change if there was damage to the heart. Well, they came back after the 2nd blood test and his levels were higher which meant they were admitting him to the hospital and he would miss the wedding tomorrow.  We both were so devastated because the Dr. just said I'm 99% sure we will be sending you home and now they are admitting him. 
I just had to keep telling myself, "It's better that he miss the Wedding day than to miss the rest of their lives." Thank goodness for modern technology and video and pictures we felt like we will be able to capture everything for him to be able to watch at a later time.  
 That night everyone came to the hospital to see Bryan, Bishop Hurt, Kenny Kunde,
James Brown, and all of my family. Everyone loves Bryan and was so sad about him having
to miss the wedding. 

 Not quite where we all wanted to be the night before the wedding, especially the Bride and Groom. But there was nowhere we would rather be at that time. 
I spent time night with Bryan and waited to hear from the Cardiologist that morning.
They came in and said that they would be doing an Ultrasound on his heart and
then after that a catheter with a possible stent. His surgery was at 4:00pm and before they separated him from Angel, Angel asked them in the hall, "Do you mind if we have a prayer?"
Angel folded his arms and said the most sincere and beautiful prayer for Bryan.
The nurses told Bryan, "We haven't heard a prayer like that ever."
I was so grateful for Angel and his testimony of the power of prayer. 

My brother in law Bryan Herbie Horlacher was rushed to the hospital the night before because of a heart attack, thankful for my sister for checking with her super strong husband who told my sister he was ok. Dr.s confirmed and he had surgery and 2 stints put in and he came to the reception hours after surgery. So let me say this mildly Bryan has always been one of my idols of being one the TOUGHEST S.O.B’s out there. He’s one BAD TO THE BONE TOUGH DUDE. LOVE MY BROTHER and I’m Glad all went well for him.
My brother Bryan is the hospital the Day of the wedding! Through his smile you can feel his love and his sadness of missing his sons wedding. But what a tender mercy from God a blessing they caught it before it could of ended worse. So grateful for God for watching over my brother that day. I always like to make my brother Bryan laugh! Even if it is before heart surgery with 2 stints to be put in. I love my brother Bryan he’s one of my hero’s. 
My beautiful sister Tonya AhQuin Horlacher I LOVE YOU SIS! This is when my sister just said she felt lost because her husband Bryan was in the hospital about to go into surgery. My wife and I were heading to the hospital right then and she asked if we would give him a big hug and tell him she LOVES him. I’m glad to say, I did sis. Your truly amazing and was inspired to take him to the hospital the day before.
All of these people were at the hospital when Bryan was released.
We were all so excited to break him out and hurry him to the reception with hopes to see
Trevor and Kylee jump into the pool.

We missed their jump and missed seeing them.
They were driving out when Bryan was driving in.
It's ok we saw lots of video of the momentous moment!!!
My smile says it all, "I love my husband and I'm so grateful that he is better!"
Thank you all for your prayers and kind words!!!

No comments: