Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Happy 18th Birthday Cambria!!!



I can't even believe I have a child who is an adult now. Time just seems to have flown by. I remember being 18, I remember giving birth to her 18 years ago like it was yesterday. I remember finding out that I was pregnant with her and how excited I was to experience that part of my life with Bryan. I remember taking her to the first day of kindergarten and standing in the gym and signing up for PTA and thinking that I am turning into my mother. I remember watching her go to the Intermediate School and hoping that she wouldn't be picked on or be a nerd. I remember listening to her when she came home from 7th grade and she talked about the cute boys, especially Berkley Ward and continued to like him till the 9th grade. I remember watching her go to the Middle School and she loved to be involved in everything and more boys, Brody Fausett, that lasted for a few more years. She stuck with the same boys for years at a time, that ended the beginning of her Senior Year. I remember watching her play soccer for years and thinking that she would do that throughout high school, I was wrong. I remember watching her tryout for Cheer and being so nervous for her, because it was TOTALLY out of her comfort zone. I remember watching her cheer at the football & basketball games and hoping that this would last forever. WELL, I was wrong again, NOTHING lasts forever. I now have experienced elementary, intermediate, middle, high school and graduation with her and now moving onto COLLEGE. I want the time to slow down a little. I have thoroughly enjoyed raising my firstborn. And if I do say so myself, "I think I did a pretty good job without a manual. It's been so much fun and such an adventure." I feel so honored to be her mother. Happy 18th Birthday, Cam.

No comments: