Thursday, July 26, 2012

I'm falling apart!!!

It's about a week away from taking my first child and dropping her off in another state that's 1,500 miles away and I am already a basket case. Yesterday, it started hitting me that my family is going to be changing and I have no control. I keep thinking, WHERE HAS THE TIME GONE? I remember the day we moved to this beautiful state of Utah with our 2 little girls who were 1 & 2 years old and feeding ducks at the golf course, walking the streets of St. George for a morning walk in a stroller that I crammed 2 little girls in and pushed up Main St. to Quito Baquito Townhomes. Has it really been 17 years since then? My heart is just aching so much right now, that I don't know how I am going to do this!!! I have to keep telling myself, "Change is Good! You can't progress without CHANGE!" I guess I never thought that my little family would change. I thought that I would ALWAYS have them with me, under my roof-taking care of them always! I am just going to have to BUCK UP and deal with this change and PRAY that my Heavenly Father will watch over her while she is out of my care. I really am excited for her, but I am so sad for the change in our family.



I remember feeling like this way back when my brother, Clayton left on his mission. I remember sitting in the hallway by his bedroom just crying with my head in my knees. I kept thinking, "All 7 of us will NEVER live together again in this house. Our family is changing and I don't like it!!" I got through it, with lots of tears and kleenex!!  I know that it will be the same now and I have modern technology on my side, I will call her everyday and skype as well!!!

1 comment:

Cambria said...

Love you Mom!!! Everything is going to be fine :) Change is a part of this life and the lessons learned from them are eternal. I love you and even though our family is changing, we will always be an eternal family!!! :)