Sunday, November 11, 2012

Tender Mercies through family

Tonight we got together as a family for Teancum's baptism dinner at Irene's clubhouse. 
We love getting together as a family and watching all of the cousin's play together and just be together.
Before we ate dinner, my mom called everyone together and wanted to make a presentation.
So she asked me to sit on the couch by Bryan and come out of the kitchen.
So I sat and she had in her hand an envelope.
She began talking about a tradition that my Grandma Hannemann started with her children when it came to funerals, weddings and missions
she would ask each of her children to give a certain amount of money towards that family, to help.
So through the years my mom and dad have participated in giving to different families in the family.
So she then said, that she wanted to keep that tradition going in our own family and
with our first granddaughter getting married our AHQUIN family
have collected $600.00 to be given to Me and Bryan to help with the wedding.
I was SHOCKED and so touched that I burst into tears.
I have been so stressed with this wedding and funds to pay for everything that this came at a time that we really needed it. 
My mom continued to say, that she remembers when they were going through different things that bills had to be put off, or certain things had to take the back burner, so maybe this money could help with bills or whatever we needed help with. 
Well, with Bryan being laid off during this whole process, it was such a great blessing.




I love my family so much and can't wait till I can give to the next family envelope.

No comments: