Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Another whisper of the Spirit

Tonight I went with Bryan and Trevor to Dixie Colleges 7on7 football tournament to watch Trevor and the boys from Snow Canyon play. While there I kept having this prompting to go and check on my mom and dad at Coral Desert Rehab. Well, I heard the coach come to the boys and tell them that it was going to be about a half hour before they start and that they were going to go to the bottom field and warm up. So I thought that I would run over and see my parents. When I got there I walked into the room and my mom looked at me and said, "What are you doing here?" my dad looked at me and said, "Tonya~I knew you would come, check mom, here blood pressure isn't good." So I talked to my mom and she said that they took it a few minutes ago and it was 143/99 which is high. So I told her lets take it again and if it's still that high, I'm taking you to the ER. So the nurse came and took it again and it was 164/110. Both nurses came in and said that they can't ignore it and she needs to go and get checked out. So I took her over to the hospital.
 
When we got there her blood pressure was 184/120. So the Dr. ordered an EKG, blood work and a catscan. So they continued to monitor her blood pressure and while we were waiting my mom tells me, "Tonya~thank you so much for coming, how did you know?" I told her that I didn't, that I just had a feeling to come over and check on them, so I did. She said that my dad wanted the cell phone and kept saying that he was going to call me, but my mom kept telling him NO and that she would take care of it herself. So my dad closed his eyes and prayed, she said. Then 5 minutes later I walked into the room. CRAZY!!!! I told my mom that my dad this the last time he was in rehab, he prayed for me to come and I came. I'm just glad that I didn't ignore the prompting.
After being at the hospital for a couple hours, all of her tests came back GREAT!!!!
The only thing was DEHYDRATION!!!
My mom works so hard for my dad and wants him to get better naturally.
She makes all of his food and caters to his every need. She is amazing to me at the love she has for my dad, even though sometimes he's not very nice to her, when he's not feeling very well. But their marriage has been strengthened and withheld the test of time.
I love my parents, I hope to be able to continue to listen to the still small voice and be an answer to someone's prayer.

No comments: