Sunday, January 12, 2014

Kidney Infection

 It started on Friday at work after I ate a salad from Durangos, I just didn't feel very good, but later on that evening I started feeling pain on my right side. I ignored it and peed every hour during the night. Still ignored it, and it came to Saturday and I was OK but still in pain. The pain was getting a
little stronger and stronger, by Sunday morning, I felt YUCKY!!!
We went to JT's ward for his priesthood ordination and then to their house.
I wasn't as social as I usually am, and just stayed in one place. We came home and Bryan
went to one of his football players homecoming and I stayed and slept.
I woke up and went to a couple stake meetings that I had and by the end of the stake meeting my presidency asked me what was wrong. I told them my side was killing me,
so Lydia got a nurse on the phone to check for appendicitis.
She told me to go home and rest, I came home and asked Bryan for a blessing and then I went to my room and laid in my bed and just CRIED!!! I asked my dad what I should do.
Then I got the courage to tell Bryan to take me to the hospital so I can get checked out. 
 They got me into a room and did an IV, drew blood and had me pee in a cup. I came into the ER looking homeless wrapped in a huge MICKEY MOUSE BLANKET with 2 rice bags connected to my side. I was feeling nauseous and feverish. After they did my IV, I couldn't help but to think of my poor dad and what he went through all of the pokes and needles and tests and rolling over and PAIN he endured. I just started to get tears in my eyes. I miss my dad so much and being in this hospital room is NOT helping. The Dr. came in and told me that it wasn't appendicitis, it was a KIDNEY INFECTION. I was so excited and said, "YES!!!" then the Dr. told me, those are pretty serious, but they put me on an antibiotic and sent me home to guzzle cranberry juice.
I came home and had the best sleep, but the next morning I just slept and had the cutest little visitors come to see me!!! Tia and her cute boys came to cheer me up and they sure did!! I was sick for 2 days and finally felt better on Wednesday. I will not take my health and strength for granted.

No comments: