Sunday, September 8, 2019

Gave up my favorite job of all time

I went to lunch with all of the house managers at SAKURA as a goodbye lunch for Reece. He was quitting because he wasn't having fun with the volunteers and he was so busy with school and his marriage to Kyle. So we all got together and was having fun when he happen to slip and say something that Kevin said about me to him. Holley had said that I should be in charge of the Social Media since I do more marketing for Tuacahn than the marketing team. That's when Reece said not according to Kevin Smith. We all looked at him and said, "WHAT?" then he proceeded to tell us what Kevin told him. He told him to look out for Tonya because she takes too many SELFIES and doesn't work. Reece said, "WHAT? She brings up the morale out with the volunteers and the stage crew and actors with her selfies, everyone loves the Housemanager selfies!" So after he said that my face just dropped and I was trying to hold back my tears. I looked at him and told him what was the other thing he said. Then he told me the back on 4th of July he saw that I had seated my sister and her family in left overflow and the house wasn't full so he knew that they didn't have tickets there. So he told Reece that he thinks that I snuck her in and that she didn't have tickets that night. Because he saw her dancing in the parade that day and she was fine to walk down the stairs. He didn't know the whole story that she was experiencing contractions and instead of not coming to see the show I told her that she can sit where she wouldn't have to walk down or up any stairs. (This was something that I would've done for a patron, so why not do it for my sister), when I heard that I just started crying. My heart was so broken and hurt from hearing those things, when I thought I was doing a good job and giving Tuacahn everything of me for the last 9 years. I felt like my character was questioned and I just couldn't work for someone that didn't believe in me as an employee. So I came home and cried and sat down and wrote a letter to Joe Smith and Kevin Smith giving my resignation. Joe Smith wrote me back and said that they didn't want me to do 2 weeks that I can turn in my keys now. That hurt too, they didn't value me at all. I love Tuacahn and I for sure didn't want it to be a bad place for me. So I just continued to pray for comfort and pray for the ability to forgive my Stake President, Kevin Smith. Now that I look back, I do wish I would've handled it differently and maybe just went straight to Kevin, but then I think, my husband has asked me to quit for years so that I wasn't gone so much in the evening. Now I get to spend more time with my kids and babysitting for them for date nights.

I am so grateful that I had those 9 years with Tuacahn. I loved the people I worked with, the volunteers, and the actors. I met a lot of wonderful people through the years. I loved the shows I was able to share with my family and the memories that we have made through that job at Tuacahn.
Where one door closes another door opens!!

No comments: