Sunday, May 10, 2009

My Mother, my wonderful example

All seven of us kids with our wonderful parents.
My parents who have been married for 40 years and still happy.
My mom has the most amazing sisters. This is her sister just older than her. Aunty Laida is #7 and my mom is #8 out of 14 children. They are all such amazing women and mothers. Only because they were raised by THE ULTIMATE Mother.
My mom is the most amazing woman I have ever met. Ever since I was a young little girl, she taught me sooo many things, from cleaning, cooking, baking, entertaining, teaching, smiling, lov ing, hugging, smiling, and the list goes on. I was always amazed at how much she could get accomplished in one day (24 hours) and how our house was always emaculately clean. She always did everything to the highest level. We always had people over at our house to have dinner and entertaining. And you better believe my mom did not use paper plates or plastic silver ware. It was crytal all the way. Her cooking was always the best and she always made us kids a hot breakfast before we went to school. She also has the most amazing relationship with our Heavenly Father. I always tell her that she has a one way line to him and always ask her to pray for me because I know he hears her. My mom is the best example to me of the type of mom I want to be. I also remember her running up and down the soccer field on the sidelines yealling, "Kick it to my kid". She would run as much as we would in a soccer game. She was always so full of fun and mischeif, especially with my Aunty Joyce. They were like La Verne and Shirley or Lucy and Ethel. You never knew what the two of them were up to. They kept our lives very interesting and fun. I loved my childhood and I always thought of my mom as my best friend. She would come and check me out of school every now and then and take me to lunch and shopping. I love those times together. I love my mom and the bar that she set so high for me to TRY and achieve. I hope to be a fraction of the type of mother that my mom is to me with my children. I love her so much and couldn't imagine my life without her. To this day, I still rely on my mom for advise, love, and her prayers. Even though we are all grown and out of the house, my mom probably spends more time on her knees in behalf of all of her kids & grandkids. I love you mom so much!!! Thanks for all of the wonderful memories and also the ones you continue to make for us. You are truly the matriarch of our family.

No comments: