Monday, November 15, 2010

Disappointment!!!

These pictures were taken last year during Border League.
We received the news last week that our son, Trevor did not make the Freshman High School Basketball Team. WOW, were we surprised!!! He has played for a long time and is a GREAT ATHLETE. But there are alot of boys who ONLY play Basketball and are alot better than Trevor.
This taught Trevor a good lesson, not only is he a great athlete and can play any sport, every sport requires work. Even though he came straight out of Football Season that isn't an excuse to take a break. He understands and took the news so well. He was totally fine.

My husband on the other hand, took the news very HARD. He was absolutely shocked, it was like a bat hit him in the head and he was jumping up to take someone out. He didn't understand the whole thinking of the coaches. The coaches told Bryan that they invited Trevor to be the Team Manager, or as Bryan calls it, "The Water Boy". Bryan told them, "That's a slap in the face to an athlete." He was ticked. Well the next morning I was talking to Trevor and I told him to meet Cecilee in the weight room at the high school so he could workout with her and spot her. He told me, "I'm going to basketball practice, I am going to be the Team Manager." I was taken back because I just remember what Bryan had said and I thought Trevor's thoughts were the same. Well I was wrong!!!! Trevor said, "Mom, I get to practice with the team and learn their offense and get some time to work on my own skills, if I want to make the team next year." WOW, my son blew me away with his thinking. He didn't think that it was a slap in the face at all, he thought that it was an honor to still be with the team. I sure Love my son!!!!

No comments: