Friday, December 9, 2011

Another Puppy Gone

We had the cutest little puppy that we finally named after 2 months old, Roxy. She was born on October 1st from Chloe and Bruzer. She was the only one out of that litter. Kinda weird, that's usually not normal for dogs to just have one. Well, she got big quite fast, since she didn't have to fight for her food, she had all the nipples. Trevor LOVED her, he just spoiled her and loved having her follow him, sleep with him and he kept asking if we could please let her be an inside dog. "ABSOLUTELY NOT!!!" But he snuck her in every now and then, and we would hear her in his room in the morning, but she was such a good dog that we enjoyed her in the house as well.

Well, Thursday~Dec.9th Trevor came home from school for lunch and went into the backyard to find his biggest fear. He came into my room through the backdoor and said, "Mom" his voice was different and I came out in a panic and said, "WHAT!" The look on his face was one that I will always remember and bring me to tears, even now. "He pointed outside and said , "ROXY!" Cecilee said, "What" and ran outside to the pool and she screamed!!!! She ran back inside hysterical, "She's floating in the pool!" Oh my goodness!!!! I freaked out and didn't know what to do. Trevor went outside and just stared at his puppy in the pool, helpless. He got the net and got her out and just sat at the edge of the hot tub and cried. He sat there for a while and I just let him stay out there. He then came inside and asked for a shoebox and went and dug a hole and buried her. It was sooooo hard to watch my son go through so much pain. I couldn't take it away from him. That's my job, to make everything better and I couldn't. I am crying even now writing this 24 hours later. This is Trevor's 3rd dog that has died and it has not gotten any easier. So~to Chewy, Dante' and Roxy we love and miss you dogs that came into our hearts and left too soon for my son. I didn't EVER think that I would get attached and cry over a stinkin' dog. Our family can't handle anymore of these puppies. It was pretty somber at our house that evening. Bryan came home and saw the little holes she dug in the backyard and the boards we put up to keep her in the backyard was down and her little poops in the garage from the night before. We were all affected and loved her.

No comments: