Thursday, October 4, 2012

The Spectrum Writer:

Hello Mr. Horlacher,
This is John Renshaw from The Spectrum & Daily News, and I'll be reporting on the Warriors game on Friday night. If you can give a few thoughts for the story that would be great.

1. For starters, the defense continues to play well this season. What types of things are the guys doing well to execute the scheme?
Well, first and most important we are bonding as a team and have gotten really close. We feel if we are as a family on and off the field we will do well in the game. We love each other and depend on each other. And in practice we play our best and we practice as if our scout team is the opponent

2. Your having a good season too, racking 70 tackles and a sack. What is your role within the defense and what are the keys to your success?
My role in defense is outside linebacker. I have been taught by my dad (MY COACH) that defense happens on the other side of the line of scrimmage. I don't wait for the play to come to me, I try to be the first one on the tackle. I just want to stop the other team. It's just who I am, when the game starts, I am totally focused on stopping the other team and keeping them from scoring. Whatever I need to do to help my team get a win, I will do it!!!
 
3. What kinds of challenges does Desert Hills bring to the table in this week's matchup?
 They have a great passing and running game. Their quarterback is mobile and very athletic. I have played with a lot of their players and they are talented athletes. They are well coached and have a unified team as well.

 4. And lastly, win or lose, what do the Warriors need to do during the final stretch to qualify for the state tournament?
We just need to stay focused, do our responsibilities and play to win NOT to lose. We need to show it on the field that we want it and that we CAN play with all of these other region 9 teams. We have alot of talented athletes on our team who are family players NOT "ME" players

Thanks buddy, and best of luck.

No comments: