Tuesday, July 7, 2020

Sydnee & Parker's BreakUp

We had Parker and Sydnee over for the weekend and we got to meet his family for the first time. They came over on the 4th of July and swam and BBQ'd with us. We felt like it was a great visit and it was fun to meet them. It made everything more real with the 2 of them getting married in 6 weeks or so. We ended up meeting them at Dixie Middle School to watch the Big City Fireworks and it was a lot of fun, since they are from California they don't get to see these kind of Fireworks. We felt like it was a great day.

Sunday morning we took Parker and Sydnee to look at wedding venue's. So we went to Snow Canyon Park and checked out the 2 areas that interested them. The only thing is that one only allowed 40 and the other only allowed 25. So we didn't really like that, and also everyone would have to pay $10 per car to come to the wedding and it's St. George so it's blazing HOT and not much shade. But this was what both of them wanted. So Bryan suggested that we drive around and take a look at other options. We went to Tuacahn, Mathis Park, Tonaquint Nature Park, church - but none of those were what they wanted. As we were checking all of these places out, Parker was sending pictures to his mom and he kept saying, "My MOM doesn't think that will be a good place, MY MOM said ...." I was starting to get annoyed, but let it go and wanted to make Sydnee happy. So we got home and later on went to check out Cambria's backyard and this was where Sydnee wanted to do it, but Parker kept saying, "I just don't see your vision" to Cambria and Sydnee. We then took a drive over to Tiffany's backyard and that was Gorgeous!!! But not a lot of space to have a lot of people.  But Parker LOVED it and wanted it there. So we could never agree on the same thing. We decided to go home and let them think about it. Then we got to thinking about the dates. What if we do the whole day on Friday instead of Saturday then we can spend Saturday with Trevor and Kylee before they leave for 3 years to Conneticut? Well Parker had a problem with that too. He said his family has to work, but we said, "You were suppose to get married on Friday and reception on Saturday, what's wrong with that?" He then said, "I told my family not to worry about coming until Saturday since the temple is closed" OH MY GOODNESS THIS GUY IS DRIVING ME CRAZY!!!!! So we asked him to please talk to his family to see if they can move the date to Friday. So I told him that I would call them Monday evening and see what he finds out.

Monday night comes and I call (7:00pm) and Sydnee says he doesn't know yet. About a few hours later  (10:00pm) Sydnee calls and says, "Mom Parker said that he wants to push the wedding back a few months because he isn't ready yet to get married" We agreed and said that's fine. Then she called back a few minutes later (10:50pm)crying and said before he left he said, "Sydnee I don't think that I can be 100% committed to you right now". Did you give him the ring back? No he said he still wants to marry me, but not right now.  "WHAT!!!!! ARE YOU SERIOUS! Wasn't he the one that proposed and put a ring on your finger?"  I asked if Macie was at the apartment and she said she called her but her grandma just died and was at home with her family. (If she called Macie, then I know she didn't want to be alone) So I called Trevor and Kylee and told them what happened. Trevor was mad and both he and Kylee got out of bed and said we need to go be with her. Kylee was planning on sleeping over with her but Sydnee texted them and told them not to worry about coming over after all. They went over anyways with Sushi and hugs!!! They spent time with her and gave her hugs and laughs. Poor Sydnee is broken hearted. 

Tuesday morning we call Sydnee to check in and she is bawling. I asked her if she wanted us to come and pick her up to come home for a few days. She said NO I have to work today. Then we told her to just keep us posted and we will do whatever we need to do. She said she has been trying to call Parker all morning to talk to him and keeps getting NO ANSWER or REPLY.  So Cecilee calls Sydnee and tells her, "You need to find him and take him the ring back" so Sydnee looks on FIND MY FRIEND and see's he's at the BYU Library. She heads over is so brave and walks into the Library and walks over to him and hands him the ring. All he says is, "Okay". she turns around and walks away. He doesn't try to stop her or say anything. She was bawling when she got to her car. She called us and said, "I did it" she was a mess. This was about 11:30am and she worked at 2:30pm so she went home to try and sleep but of course all she did was cry. She said ," Mom I will call you later and let you know if I want you and dad to come pick me up" So 3:00pm comes and she said she was leaving work, they sent her home because she was a mess. She asked for Bryan and I to come and get her. Bryan got home at 3:45pm and we were in the car by 4:00pm and there by 7:30pm. Picked her up and met Trevor at her apartment and took the 2 of them to get dinner and run by and say HI to my little sister Tia. I caught her at her LIVE time at 8:30pm so I got to say Hi to her followers. We arrived home at 12:15am and got her into her own bed and it felt so good to have my baby in her own bed under our roof. 

Wednesday morning came and of course the girls came over with Donuts and Chocolate milk to see Sydnee and spend time with her and give her hugs and love. They all bombarded her in her bed. (I just love my girls and how they love each other so much and always there for each other, my mama heart was exploding). We then went swimming in the backyard and just relaxed and played with the babies. Later on we went to Cecilee's to visit and as we were sitting there, Sydnee kept saying that it was her fault because of her communication skills. That's what Parker told her. Sydnee then received a text from a girl named Isabel. And she forwarded her a text from Parker that she had just received, "It said, Hey this is Parker, I'm sorry about my last text to you the last time and how inappropriate I was. I want to know if we can get together tonight and talk because the relationship that I was in, is OVER". Sydnee just started crying, we all hovered around her and read the text and hugged her. Then we told her, Sydnee it needs to be OVER. As we watched her, we saw this weight lifted from her and she stood and said, "I need to talk to him NOW" She called and he said I will come by later but I can't stay long. She then told him, "I'm in St. George" He said ," I will call you in a few minutes." A few hours later still nothing. I think he knew something was UP. She finally got a hold of him and I was so proud of her. She went into Mia's room and Cecilee turned on the camera and speaker so we could watch it unfold. MY BABY GIRL WAS AMAZING!!!! So STRONG and So COURAGEOUS. She let him have it and in such a calm and strong way. How in the world could he say, "She didn't know how to communicate?" She was doing a dang good job communicating her feelings RIGHT NOW!!! I was so proud of her. 
After she was done, she looked like she felt ACCOMPLISHED!!! I know it's going to take a little while before she can feel like she is ready to move on. I just told her, "Sydnee you now have gained more KNOWLEDGE through this experience" Just like the scripture says, "All these things shall give thee experience and shall be for thy good"

No comments: