Saturday, April 4, 2009

MY Grandma!!!!

I found this picture on facebook from my cousin Rosie who posted it about her mother and I saw my grandma, so I had to take it. It was funny because it happened to be around my grandma's birthday. I was already thinking all about her and how much I missed her and then I came across this picture. She is the lady on the left. She was always so beautifully put together. Her hair was always in a bun (I loved watching her brush her long hair. She ALWAYS cleaned out her brush after using it, and handed it to one of us kids to throw away. What a memory, huh/.) She only wore red lipstick for her make-up, and she always wore jewelry. Her opal ring, her pearls and little stud earrings. She was absolutely beautiful. I miss my grandma so much, I just wish my children could have met her and enjoyed her as much as I did. I am so glad that I had the opportunity to spend so much time with her when I was a teenager. When I graduated from high school I had a really good job and every Friday after work I would drive an hour to spend the weekend with my Grandma and my aunt Marion. I looked forward to the time I got to spend with them. We would watch Lawrence Welk and do exercises on my grandma's bed, because her knees were so bad, and eat Pepperidge Farm Coconut Cake and just talk. She gave me lots of good advice with the boy scene. I can't help but cry when I see pictures of my grandma , but I know that I can feel her around me every now and then. Thank goodness we have the gospel and I know where she is and I know that I WILL see her again and hug her and smell her again. I can't wait for that day. She is amazing!!! I can't wait to introduce my children to her. I am so blessed to have her as my GRANDMA!!!

1 comment:

Gail said...

I SO remember her -- what a sweet lady and how blessed are you for having known her in this life. Not everyone gets to know and love their grandma's in this life. She was an amazing woman! Thanks for sharing the picture and bringing back memories of visiting with her at your home here in Rancho.