Thursday, December 24, 2009

My Little Elf Trevor




This Christmas season hasn't really felt like Christmas, I couldn't put my finger on it, I just think that working so much and running from one thing to another just hinders the feeling of the Christmas season. Well the other night, all of my girls were gone for the evening and Bryan was going to bed, so he talked to Trevor and told him that he wanted him to stay by my side and do whatever I needed to help me out. So Trevor said, "Mom, what do you need me to do first?" I had him crush my oreos, graham crackers and then I remembered I had presents for the girls, so I had him wrap their presents. He said,' Mom, are you sure you want me to wrap, can I do it ANYWAY I want, and can I use as much duct tape as I want?" at this point, as long as I didn't have to wrap, I didn't care, how he wrapped them. I watched him wrap the boxes first and he did a pretty good job, not quite as straight as I would've wanted them, but I was NOT micro managing, so I let it go. Then I watched him pick up the curling iron and he said to himself, this ones going to be tricky. I went on with my business and looked over a few minutes later and he used all of the scraps that he had cut off the other presents to wrap this one. I was just laughing inside, he had three different wrapping papers going on. It didn't look bad at all, it looked like a quilt. I then told him that I had tags to attach to the presents. and he said, "Oh mom, I didn't need them, and held up a present and he had taken a BLACK sharpie and written ON THE PRESENT "TO Cam" and FROM ? I then told him about the ribbon and he said, "It;s OK, it looks good enough without it". Oh My Goodness, he made my night, what do you expect from a 13 year old boy. He is such a sweetheart!!!! I want to remember this night, that's why I chose to put it on my blog.

1 comment:

Joseph and Katie said...

This is a priceless post! I love that you let him help and I know that it was hard not to "help". It is so great that he did so much to make your Christmas easier. You are a good mom and have wonderful children Tonya.