Saturday, August 28, 2010

Cecilee's world has changed

Thursday morning while driving around town I as a mother, had this feeling that one of my kids were going to get hurt today. I had two kids playing sports games that day, so I assumed it would be in one of their games. I pushed that feeling aside and figured I was just worried, because I could only be at one game at a time since one is out of town. So I continued with my day. Cecilee and her soccer team was leaving for Cedar at 2:00pm so I stopped and picked up Orangepeel for her to drink on the bus and kissed her goodbye and said, "Score and play with everything you have. Love you!" So I prepared for Trevor's first football game of the season. I went and fed the football team spaghetti and gave him a squeeze and wished him a good game.

I get to Trevor's game at 4:00pm, knowing Cecilee is playing soccer at the same exact time in Cedar. My good friend, Jen Bergen was up there watching the girls and keeping me updated on the game through text. I received a text at 4:20 "Cec just scored, we are up 1-0". I told my family and we all screamed and celebrated for Cecilee's score. Then Jen called me and I answered the phone,"IS Cecilee OK?" She said,"Of course, why did you ask that? I just wanted to tell you about the stupid muddy field that they are playing on." So we hung up and I continued with Trevor's game then she text me again, "Cec scored again-we are up 2-0!" YEAH we celebrated again!!!! Then she called me again,this time I answered, "Now What?" she said, "Tonya, this isn't a good call-Cecilee went down by the goalie and she was at the bottom of the pile." Kenny (The coach) ran onto the field and Cecilee rolled over and said, "Don't touch me, it's my knee-I heard it pop multiple times" She said they helped her off the field and she is in alot of pain. So I met them at the hospital and called a good friend who met us there who is an Orthopeadic Surgeon.

We got to the hospital/Dr. Office and Cecilee was sitting in a wheelchair and you could tell she had been crying. I gave her a hug and waited with her and Tori and Bryan for the Dr. The Dr. came in looked at her leg, moved her kneecap and then looked at the other leg and said, "You tore your ACL", she laughed and said, "Shut up, I did not, Whatever" he then said in a stern voice and face, "YOU TORE YOUR ACL" she then burst into tears. She is so sad, she just is so heartbroken.

We have to keep telling ourselves that things happen for a reason and that she will come back stronger and hungrier next year. She will still be a very strong part of her soccer team, by coaching and yelling at the girls on the sideline. She loves her team so much. This is going to be a long haul.





2 comments:

Brandon and Jessica Griffiths said...

Poor Cec! Give her lots of love and hugs from us. Let me know if we can do anything for you guys!

Joseph and Katie said...

Oh man! I am so sorry! Please tell her I said that. Tonya, you are one amazing mama and I mean that. Can I be like you? :) Take care.