Thursday, February 21, 2013

He heard MY VOICE...

Trevor has some friends who LOVE to be daring and do fun things.
Well, during football season and soccer and rugby season we try and remind him
to not do anything dangerous that will keep him from playing sports.
 Well, lately it's been DRIFT TRYKing on this little beauty.
They start at the top of a hill and NO BRAKES and DRIFT all the way to the bottom.
Yes, it stresses me out and by the looks of this thing, TREVOR is TOO BIG for it!!!!
Well, we had our talk with him about being smart and not getting hurt and
laying off until sports are over.
 Well this one day I called him and told him that I was waiting for him
to go to his ward basketball game.
He said that he was at the school playing basketball with some friends and was on his way home. Well I waited and waited and waited, finally he gets home.
He runs in to change and I don't think anything of it.
We get to his game and he is walking like he is sooo sore. So I chalked it up to his new workout that Bryan has put him on. So he plays his game and we get home and if you know Trevor and his phone, they are NEVER connected!! He throws it wherever right when he walks in the door.
Almost like releasing the ball and chain!!!
So I pick up his phone and check his text messages, which is a usual at our home.
And I see a text from Garrett, "Hey Trevor ~ do you want to Drift Tryk before our game?"
Trevor's reply, "Yes that sounds great!"
Soooooo, I walk into the family room and look at Trevor and asked him, "Did you go Drift Tryking?"
He looked at me with guilt on his face and said, "Yes, how did you know?"
I told him that I saw a text from Garrett.
Then I remembered, I saw a sore on his back during his basketball game and  I asked,
"Did you get hurt? Take off your shirt and let me see your back?"
OH MY GOODNESS a HUGE Roadrash the size of my hand & fingers.
I just looked at him and said, "You have totally Lied to me and lost my trust, Trevor! I am soooo disappointed in you, I can't believe that you lied to me!!"
I was more hurt, than mad. I could see it on his face that he was wrong.
He said that he never rides the tryk, he rides a scooter and this was one of the only times he has ever tried it. While riding down the hill the wheel broke off and his body met the road.
After he got hurt, he said that he heard my voice and he knew that he got hurt because he lied about his whereabouts. Really he was playing basketball with those guys, but didn't tell me that he stopped and rode the tryk on the way home. His shorts & underwear were shreaded.
Sunday morning he comes into the kitchen in a towel and asked me to please put some Oils and Neosporin on his back, so I do and then he said,
"Mom, can you do it here too (as he drops one side of his towel and reveals his bu--!)
Oh my goodness, as big as my palm and then he reveals the other side,
BOTH Bu-- Cheeks!!!
All I could do was LAUGH my HEAD OFF!!!
I think he learned his lesson!!!
This is a picture of Trevor and his same friends collecting christmas trees to build a
HUGE BONFIRE!!!! They collected 50 trees.
Remember what happened last year? Navy caught himself on fire.
No fire incidences this time.
One more picture, these kids had the day off of school for Presidents Day.
Yes in February, they went to the LAKE to knee board.
They wore Dry Suits thinking that would keep them a little warmer in the water.
STILL COLD!!! But they had fun!!

No comments: