Saturday, August 17, 2013

Trevor's Last Scrimmage-First Sprain

It was the season that we've been waiting for and that Trevor had been working so hard during the summer about. The scrimmage was here and that meant that FOOTBALL GAMES will begin the following week. Saturday morning they had the scrimmage with the VARSITY, it was going great and then came offense. They gave Trevor the ball, he took off for a 45 yard run and the little guy that was covering him, tackled him and got tangled up with him and landed on his ankle.
 
  Trevor went down and landed on the kid. He rolled over onto all fours and tried to get up and collapsed like a lame animal. He tried again and collapsed again. Then I watched him roll over and flop on the field, I don't know if it was frustration, pain or the realization that he wasn't going to be playing in this scrimmage anymore, but he grabbed his helmet and yanked it off and chucked it.
 The game stopped and all of the players immediately went to their knees in shock.
The trainer and Dr. McFarland ran out first and when the coaches saw that he was rolling around on the field, they all came out.
Coach Matua said, "When I saw it was Trevor, I started walking out with tears in my eyes and I had to tell myself, stop crying you big baby, then I had to think~would I react this way with all of my players?"
They helped him off the field and put him on the table and checked him out. I walked down to the sideline where he was and he was wiping his eyes and soooo heart broken.
 After the scrimmage we had a breakfast brunch for the boys and coaches.
This was the first that I saw my son on crutches.
Sydnee loves her big brother!!!
 Here's Bryan and his giant son at team night a few nights later.
Trevor used crutches for 4 days and then went to hightops and hobbling around.
After not being able to play in the first game and watching from the sidelines, he came home from practice on Monday totally frustrated and upset about how his ankle was NOT healing.
He had plans to play in the next game in Las Vegas and looks like it won't be happening so I wrote this letter to his coach to let him know what was going on.
Hey Marcus,

I just wanted to give you a heads up about Trevor. He came home from practice yesterday and I don’t know what happened but he was sad, mad and FRUSTRATED!!! He was ripping off his shoe and talking about not playing Friday. I think he really had his sites on playing Friday and being healed and with the pain that he is still feeling after EVERYTHING: Oils, Tenz unit, Icing, Compressing, Bracing, Asea formula, massaging, etc. it doesn’t seem like the pain and discomfort is BARELY going away. He kept saying that he is letting his team down and that he needs to be out there helping.  I have explained to him that Heavenly Father has a plan and this plan involves you and your whole team.  I told him that your team is doing a great job without you, but just think how much better they will do when you take the field and are able to be 100% and help them. It’s going to make your team that much better. It’s a process that Heavenly Father is helping you guys get ready for region and to take state!!!! He hates my speeches, but I have to keep trying to help him look at the bright side. He said after the game on Friday, that he does NOT want to watch a game from the sideline that he’s suppose to be playing in, that was the longest game ever, even though we won and my team was amazing.  I’m sorry for his attitude and I hope that it’s not being reflected at practice. Please just know that his heart is BROKEN right now, but I feel sorry for PINE VIEW when he comes back onto the field for HIS first High School Game!!! It’s going to be a great night. I know Heavenly Father has a plan and I truly believe that he is getting our team ready for what’s ahead!!!! And we are ready!!!!

Thanks for reading my email, and thanks for everything that you are doing for my son, the team and everyone involved in this great football program!!!

Mahalo,

Tonya

Hi Tonya,

Thank you for sharing. I spoke to Trevor yesterday and could see the frustration in his face. I spoke to him about preparing himself for the Pine View game and he smiled. I will talk to him again and see where he is at. I do agree with you. There is a plan in all things and I do hope he sees that. This is a challenge to see what he is going to do. I will not only address him but address the team as well. Thanks again

No comments: