Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Emotional Day

Cecilee checking out her knee after they took off her cast.






The coach gave all of the girls a GOLD #2 to put on their right cleat in HONOR of Cecilee. She has a great team, this has truly unified their team.
Cecilee watching from the sideline.

Today was the breaking day of emotions!!! I had my breakdown in the morning, pleaded with my Heavenly Father to give me strength and then took Cecilee to the Dr. to find out about surgery. We didn't find out anything because he still would like to reattach the bone that the ACL is still connected to back to the tibia. So he wants us to give him another day. While we were there they took off her cast and put her in a full brace. She is such a strong girl and I am so proud of the way she is taking this whole thing. Well needless to say, she finally cracked. We got home and she wanted to wear a dress because that's what they wear as team on HOME GAME days. So she got all dressed and she sat on the couch and bawled. She just kept saying, "THIS SUCKS!!!" (I hate that word, but in this situation it fit) "I hate this" and she just cried. I grabbed her and held her and cried with her. I told her to let it out, she hasn't really cried through this whole thing. She was very emotional and ended up staying home till the game. She got ready in her white uniform and shed a few more tears. I warned her that she will be shedding a few more tears. So we got to the game and that was hard to watch her on the sideline, and yes she did wipe away a few tears.

After the game, which they ended up losing in overtime, she cried and cried and told me on the track, "Mom, I hate this, I should be out there with my team. I let them down, I need to just have them tape my knee and let me out there." I just cried with her again and let her get all of her frustration out. She loves her team so much.

4 comments:

It Just Keeps Getting Better said...

Its so hard to watch your children go through pain,which ever it is at the time. My prayers will be with her and you. I hope things start to heal and that the next apt goes ok! Love ya

Sunny said...

Okay... Now I am crying!!! I am proud of the beautiful woman Cecilee is. My family is praying day and night for the Lord's will for Cecilee. I love you Cec!!!!

mama donk aubri jo said...

I hope she has a fast recovery, injuries are the worst, especially that one! Cool about the #2 on all the girls boots, that is an awesome team!

Lacie @ Creative Attempts said...

i totally cried reading this. i will keep her in my heart and hope for a speedy recovery