Thursday, October 7, 2010

A Horrific Accident

Tuesday, October 5th there was a horrific accident that happened at the high school that Cecilee attends. It was raining and school had just let out and these two boys were standing under a tree waiting for their ride when one of the boys were struck by lightning and the other was hit with the flash. They both were pulled into the school where the administration and some students performed CPR until the Fire Department arrived. Thank goodness for the quick thinking of those people, that is what saved their lives. They were lifeflighted to Las Vegas and the last word, they are doing good. They are going to be doing an MRI on both boys and will see what other internal injuries there are. I saw that they have a blog for everyone to follow on the right side of my blogs: Alex and Dane: Beating the Odds. If you are interested please go and read.

This made me really appreciate and love my children even more. Lightning is SOOO RANDOM, that that could've been one of my children. It is a miracle that these boys have pulled through this, but of course will have a long road ahead for recovery. BUT MIRACLES HAPPEN and PRAYERS ARE HEARD!!!!

1 comment:

Lacie @ Creative Attempts said...

Oh my word. When I was in high school my friend and his girlfriend were folfing in the mountains and lightning hit a tree by them and went through them both she survived but sadly my friend did not. Those boys are so incredibly lucky.