Sunday, October 10, 2010

Photoshoot with Cecilee

This soccer season was not quite what Cecilee had in store for herself. After watching her during the summer and seeing how hard she was working for the upcoming soccer season she was stronger than I had ever seen her, more determined to reach the goals she had set for herself and striving for college scholarships or just looks from colleges. She was so excited about the girls she was going to be playing with and just the upcoming team was going to be able to take state and she was so excited to be able to be a part of that. Her goal for herself was to score every game. So far she had 5 goals out of 4 games that she had played and she was well on her way to reaching that goal. She told me, "Mom, last year I had 5 goals out of the whole season, this year I have 5 goals and have only played 4 games so far, I am going to bypass last years total goals." So when she got hurt in her 2nd game in region, her heart was just broken. My heart for her was broken, but we had to take a look at the BIG picture. Heavenly Father has a plan for all of us and this just happened to be his plan for Cecilee at this time in her life.
I am so proud of Cecilee and the way in which she handled this whole ordeal. She NEVER once asked, "WHY ME?" We did let her know when it happened when others would ask, "Why Cecilee?" WHY NOT CECILEE, she is NOT exempt from challenges or trials. Our trials will ONLY make us stronger and make us more appreciative of the things that we take for granted. Cecilee has always been a physically strong person and athlete, always been a natural athlete who never really had to work at the things that she wanted. This whole experience has made her really look at herself and watch from the sidelines and appreciate what she had. This past week she was released from the wheelchair and brace and was told that in two weeks she will be able to get rid of the crutches. We are all so excited for her. I know for a fact that this girl of mine is going to be stronger, faster, more appreciative, more understanding, more compassionate, etc. I am so excited to watch her play again and see her intensity again on the field. We as a family have learned so much from this experience.
This whole photoshoot was my idea and I told her that I wanted to take her to the soccer field on a Sunday and take some pictures of her in her wheelchair, crutches and brace just to have something to remember this whole experience. I am so glad that I talked her into it, because this next week she was released from her brace and wheelchair.


Cecilee in front of the soccer field





She got pretty good at popping wheelies
Cecilee has ALWAYS kept her eye on THE GOAL!!!

No comments: