Thursday, March 3, 2011

Rugby Tournament

I have had such mixed feelings about this sport that I tried to talk Trevor out of playing and quitting this season and trying out for Soccer. Well, he taught me a lesson, AGAIN, he said, "Mom, I made a committment to this team and how will I ever know if I don't give it my all and try and learn as much as I can about this sport. I promise I will play SMART and do my best to NOT get hurt." I felt stupid after that. Trying to teach my kid how to quit, I just have heard so many stories about injuries, etc. So I will support him and be on the sideline praying that he doesn't get hurt.


Warming up and PRAYING as a Team-I am always so glad to see them PRAY. OK he is taking the field and I have major butterflies.My son absolutely hates how short these shorts are. Plus his legs are so long that they look even shorter. Cecilee and Jaden posing between plays, while watching Trevor play. S C R U MAt the end of the game both teams come together and take a bow together. He survived his first game, one more to go.
All of the guys there to watch Trevor:
Hyrum, Gabe, Max, Trev, Bryan, Jaden, Hannemann & Teancum
Some of the girls, Lisia, Raya, Sydnee & Ryan
End of the second game and lucky for me, my son didn't play. Little did I know they were resting him for the next game.
This is what worries me, If you look close, Trevor is at the bottom of the pile with the ball. Look how big that guy is that is tackling him. Lucky for Trevor, Cecilee's friend-Trevor came to help him and his twin brother behind him. The reason for the white band around his head: Oh, HE JUST GOT HIS EAR RIPPED, not ALL the way off.
Yep, I'm glad he is right here!!!
And survived that tackle.
S C R U M - just glad that my son isn't in there, but I'm sure that's where he wishes he was.
Trevor and his cousin that he played against in the last Rugby Game.
Yes, he is double Trevor's weight, but Trevor has him on height.

1 comment:

Madison Matthews said...

Tonya- We are so jealous that Trevor is playing on a rugby team. Davis wanted to do that so badly. He was looking forward to seventh grade when he could join a team. One day when we are back there, maybe Trevor will teach Davis some great Rugby moves.
Love ya-
Steph