Saturday, January 19, 2019

Released from the Hospital after 46 hours

We got to the hospital about 9:00am and guess who was there already? Andy, Tia and her boys visiting Trevor. Trevor has always been like a BIG BROTHER to these boys. Tia has always been like a sister to him and Andy like an older brother. They really put a smile on his face!!!
Tracy & JR came back from getting some rest at JR's mom's house. After driving all night to be here with us they needed to rest. Tracy finally got her hug and got to take a good look at our good looking boy!!! I loved seeing Kylee tucked under his arm in his bed. I know that was exactly where she was longing to be. 
I know this isn’t the most flattering picture of any of us considering the circumstances but I have to Thank the wonderful people that I get to share children with!!! I am truly blessed to get to share children and someday grandchildren with @tlmmartin @jamesrobertmartin I am so grateful that my son was blessed to be part of their family. When they arrived early Friday morning I had no idea that they had driven all night from California to be at the hospital. The love I have for the Martins makes me teary-eyed. I am grateful for the daughter @kyleemartin95 that they raised and the wife she is to my son @trevorhorlacher. I told her yesterday Thank you for taking care of my son!! I love you Tracy & JR!!!
Trevor was getting antsy and sooo wanted to take a shower, but he didn't have any clothes, since they cut off all of his clothing at the accident. (He was pretty upset about them cutting up his Black Camo UTAH FOOTBALL jacket and Black Under Armour Football pants)
Trevor said that the nurse that took care of him on the 4th floor was the son of one of the first responders that came to Trevor's accident. He said that his dad honestly didn't think that kid was going to make it. He said that when he got there he saw how wild Trevor was and then had a second thought about him making it. He was so glad to hear from his dad that he made it. 
So our nurse told me that she would get Trevor some clothes that they keep on hand for this purpose. She brought back these huge scrub pants and a t-shirt. He said it felt so good to shower. When he came out there was a hallway full of family that came to see our MIRACLE!!! Cousins Lala and Mary brought cinnamon rolls and Cupcakes and Cousins Piper and Hunter brought peanut butter cups. He loved having family there and loved the fact that HE WAS ALIVE!!!!
After he got out of the hospital we went by his workplace to get his car and it was locked up in the yard on display. We thought that was kind of a weird spot that they put it. But glad it was safe. 



No comments: