Thursday, January 17, 2019

Scariest Phone Call about Trevor

2:40pm - Thursday, January 17th, 2019
It was a Thursday afternoon and Mia just came over to stay at my house while Cecilee went over to the Dr's for her 6 week checkup since having Rex. I missed a call from Kylee (Trevor's wife) and she text me PLEASE CALL ME WHEN YOU CAN. So I called her right back when I saw my phone within a few minutes of her text. She said, "Tonya, I just received a call from the police officer and he said that Trevor was in a work accident and he is being taken to Utah Valley Hospital by ambulance, and HE'S ALIVE". I asked her, "How bad is it?" she then said, "They told me that he was crushed by his forklift and sheetrock and has a gash on his face, that's all I know." then we hung up. I was in shock, all I could hear was, "HE'S ALIVE" and thinking {what does that mean? Did they revive him and that's how he's ALIVE until we get there"} so my first instinct was to drop to my knees and PRAY with everything I had and plead with my Heavenly Father to, "please be with him and the Dr's and let him know how much we love him. Also please allow my dad to please be with him and watch over him." (Mia stood right by me with her arms folded the whole prayer) I then called my husband and bawled on the phone. After hanging up with him I contacted my girls (Tia, Cambria, Cecilee & Sydnee) Tia and Andy ran to the hospital to give him a blessing and Tia stayed with Kylee the whole night until I got there. Sydnee ran over to the hospital as soon as she heard my message and was there with Kylee the whole night as well. Then Cambria and Cecilee were praying as hard as they could for their little BIG brother whom they love with all their hearts. They wanted to leave with me but knew they have their own responsibilities: husband and children. I then reached out to my Hannemann Family and sent a text to my Aunty Marion and asked her to please send an email to everyone to "PLEASE pray for my son, he was involved in a serious work accident and we need prayers for him."
I then sent a text to Bryan's family that said the same thing. I debated whether I wanted to go public on Facebook and Instagram with it, but I didn't want to say what happened because it just hurt my heart everytime I thought about it, so I just kept it to myself for now. I was too afraid of the unknown and how serious it was. (Kylee said that when she got to the hospital to see Trevor they couldn't find Trevor Horlacher, they had him registered as Abel Zzyx just like a John Doe because he didn't have any ID on him, so they had to name him something to put him in the computer.)

On our way up to the hospital the weather was soooo rainy and on the news they kept saying that they were expecting the worse storm to hit Central and Northern Utah. So as we started driving it was rainy until we got to Cedar and then we came over the mountain to clear skies and clear road all the way until we were about 20 miles from the hospital. My first thought was, "this is our first blessing, clear roads so we can get to Trevor, all because everyone is praying for him and us." As we were driving I received this picture from Tia of Kylee seeing Trevor for the first time in the ER. My heart dropped for her, to see her husband like this and not know what her future holds. He was still sedated when she went back to see him.   I just continued to pray for the two of them.
I felt so bad that Kylee received that phone call that every wife dreads receiving about their husband. I could only imagine how her heart was feeling. Especially going back and seeing him since the accident for the first time and being sedated and with all these tubes. 
******************
As we drove I contacted Trevor's friends: Navy, Garrett, Chandler, Warner and asked them to PLEASE pray for Trevor! Then I received this picture:
OH MY GOSH!!!! I need more prayers for him!!! So I went public posting this picture of Trevor and Kylee on Instagram & Facebook that said, "Please pray for my son! I know that the power of Prayer in unlike any other power on the face of this earth!! Please pray for his sweet wife too!" and I pushed send. Wow!!! my phone went crazy with love, prayers, putting his name on the temple prayer rolls, fasting, etc." I still couldn't explain what had happened to everyone, I would just say it was a serious accident at work. I stared at his picture the whole way up just wondering what exactly happened. Wondering if we were going to be going up to say, "GOODBYE to him or is his and Kylee's lives about to change for good?" But I kept thinking, MIRACLES ARE REAL!!! Through the Power of Prayer and faith, ANYTHING is possible through God's Will!! I kept thinking, "God has a plan and he knows the BIG PICTURE of all of this, I have to keep believing in his plan and know that his plan is the BEST PLAN even if it's not the outcome that I want."  After posting everyone texting and leaving uplifting messages to me helped my heart and kept my mind off bad thoughts. 
We arrived at 7:45pm to Utah Valley Hospital and with it being under construction and it being such a huge hospital we were redirected a few times. We finally arrived on the floor that we needed to be at. I got off the elevator and Nick Heninger's mother Donna was there. Nick is one of Trevor's good friends from UTAH Football. She just hugged me and we cried together and I was trying so hard to be so strong. She walked me to the ICU waiting area where so many people were. Tia, Aunty Joyce and Syd came and hugged me and took me to where Trevor was. 




I walked into his room and saw him exactly like the picture. He was restless and moving like he was very uncomfortable on his back. So I whispered to him and said, "Trevor ~ mom and dad are here" and he started to tear up. I told him, "Don't cry, we aren't going anywhere, RELAX" I then remembered something that my dad did to me when I was sick or in labor, he would put his hand across my forehead and it would instantly calm me down. So I did that to Trevor and he calmed down instantly. I then put some soft primary music on and he really got relaxed, so much that the nurse came in to check on him.
 The Dr. Came in and let us know that they will be checking his brain activity throughout the night by taking him off the sedation and having him do the commands like thumbs up, wiggle your toes, squeeze their hands, etc. He passed with flying colors on every one of the tests.The night was very long. Sydnee and Tia went home at 1:00am and Bryan and Kylee stayed with Trevor in his room while I kept walking the halls of the hospital, peeking in Trevor's room and trying to sit in the waiting room and pray. 5:00am came and I went back into the room and just watched him sleep. 
Instagram/Facebook UPDATE:
When we arrived they were taking Trevor Horlacheroff his sedation to try and measure his brain activity. He gave a thumbs up to the nurse when asked, then tried to open his eyes when asked, responded to me and knew I was there. Bryan asked him if he could give him a fathers blessing and he nodded yes. They have him under sedation again and wanting his body to rest and continue to heal. Please please please continue to pray for him tonight that as they slowly take him off the sedation again he will continue to respond. Bryan did ask him if he knew who Kylee was and he looked beyond him at Kylee. So he knows his beautiful wife!!! He is still in need of your prayers! Please pray that his body will rest so that they will continue to have positive results. He is also initiating the breathing machine by breathing on his own. We love you all and are so grateful for the prayers on Trevor’s behalf. We are doing fine here at the Utah Valley Hospital.
 
UPDATE;
Trevor Horlacher has been woken up about every hour to do commands by the nurses. He has been doing everything that they have been asking. They came in this morning and drew blood and the respiratory therapist took one of his arms out of the straps and let him flex 💪🏽 a few times and explained to him and showed him with his hand his breathing tube. Trevor is now asking for an explanation of why he’s here. He is also wanting his wife close by. To see the love between the two of these kids just staring at each other’s eyes in disbelief but so much love. Please continue to pray for our boy! They will be coming in to do a chest X-ray soon. If everything is clear he gets the tube out! Please pray for a clear X-ray of his chest. Love you all and thank you, thank you for your 🙏🏼

UPDATE:
Yesterday while at work Trevor Horlacher was in an accident. He was pinned between a forklift and sheets of metal. He was found by a fellow worker and not sure how long he was there. When they got to him he was flailing around in pain. They sedated on the spot because he was so strong they couldn’t do anything for him. They brought him to Utah Valley Hospital and have had him in ICU. After they did all the scans, not one broken bone. But they did see a little pocket of air around his lung and was worried about a collapsed lung. But they were concerned about his brain and how long he had been without oxygen. (Now all my other updates will make sense, go back and read) At this time I need to thank everyone for praying for my son!! As they came in and drew blood and did a chest X-ray the PA that was with him yesterday said that everything looked so much better from yesterday and no pocket on his lung, no toxins in his blood! (I KNOW ITS BECAUSE OF THE PRAYERS)!!! At this time they are weaning him off the sedative and removing the breathing tube. Please continue to pray for him. We love you all so much!! #prayersforhealing#prayersarepowerful #prayersareheard #miracles
7:00am January 18th UPDATE:
Trevor Horlacher breathing tube is out!!! The first thing out of his mouth he wanted to tell us about the accident! Then he asked in tears, who saved me? He remembers everything but then blacked out at the hospital. He is doing well but still in ICU. THEY ARE SAYING THIS IS A MIRACLE!!!! We all know THE POWER OF PRAYER is what helps bring on the miracles. There have been so many little miracles throughout these last 19 hours!! After he woke up and was whispering we had a prayer of Thanks to our Heavenly Father. After we said Amen, Trevor thanked me for having the prayer. He is so thankful to everyone and their prayers!!!!!

8:00 am January 18th UPDATE:
We are giving Trevor Horlacher ice chips at this time. He shared his whole story with the Dr of what happened until he blacked out. He is carrying on a conversation with everyone. He is just so grateful that he’s alive!! He asked, “who saved me?” He wants everyone to know how grateful he is for your prayers and love ❤️!!! — at Intermountain Utah Valley Hospital.
****************
 10:25am January 18th - UPDATE:
Trevor Horlacherwas picked up by physical therapy for a walk!!! Everyone look at our miracle, thanks to your prayers!! He went for a walk around the hall in the ICU shortly after getting the breathing tube out and 20 hours after being crushed by 14,000lbs of forklift and sheetrock.
 The nurses were saying, "Clear the hall, MIRACLE walking!!!" This is so amazing!!!!
I cannot tell you how GRATEFUL I am to see this site!!!
1:00pm January 18th - UPDATE:
I just left the hospital to get a nap in and before I left they took out Trevor Horlacher catheter and they gave him the green light to order from the regular menu no longer clear liquid menu😀! He’s so excited to eat!!!! Kylee is doing great besides lack of sleep and missing her giant teddy bear. They will be moving him to another room. We cannot thank you enough for your prayers!!! It’s just so good to see the smiles on these two faces!!! Trevor has PTSD about the accident but truly knows he is a miracle thanks to your prayers!!!! He's very emotional right now with the knowledge that he thought he was gone and to be back he is so grateful to see his wife's face again and to hold her hand. 
7:30pm January 18th - UPDATE:
Trevor has been moved to the 6th floor for the night and the plan is to release him in the morning. He is doing fabulous!! He is a little sore in his chest and back, he chipped his front tooth and bit through his tongue so it's really sore and swollen. He has had a lot of wonderful people come and see this miracle boy tonight and bring goodies for him. He is one loved boy!!! 
Thank you all for your prayers we love you all so much!!
Good Night!!!
A friend from work came to see Trevor. He was the other employee that just came back to work after being off for 9 months to recuperate from a forklift accident at work as well. He said, "Trevor we were both knocking on Heaven's doors and they wouldn't open the door for us!" 
Cecilee and Angel came straight to the hospital after Angel got off work. Cecilee was a little anxious to see her brother. Kiana and Austin came to visit Trevor and Kylee as well.


No comments: