Sunday, February 22, 2009

He finally came home for a whole week!!

I finally can schedule my life. Bryan came home on the night of valentine's day 15 minutes before midnight and was home for a whole week. What a wonderful surprise. He wasn't supposed to be home until Monday morning, but he went to his boss and asked if he could skip work on Sunday and come home 1 day early so that he could see Cecilee play in her soccer tournament on Monday morning. He drove home so that he could keep his promise to me about having a valentine surprise for me before valentines day was over. He walked into the house at 11:45pm and I was still up waiting for Cambria and Paula to come home from Prom. So I thought that it was one of them coming through the door. You could bet that that was the greatest surprise. I love it when he surprises me. He was so dead tired after working for 28 hrs straight and then driving home without a nap, but he couldn't wait to sleep in his own comfortable bed.

I have had a permanent smile on my face for the past week. I love having him home. We spent alot of time together with just the two of us, especially after we got the kids off to school. It was so good to have my best friend back in town. I love him so much. It was nice to have another helping hand take kids to practices, dance, etc. Trevor got some good alone time with Bryan also, on Tuesday Bryan got the jeep and guns all ready so that when Trevor came home from school the two of them took off the mountains to 4x4 and go shooting. They came home covered in mud. The jeep was caked in mud, but they had more time together washing the jeep. They both had big smiles on their faces from their adventure.

Well today he went back and I was thinking that it was getting easier, until I hugged him and saw the tears in his eyes. I could tell that he had been crying for a little while before he came to get me. I asked him if he was OK, and he just said that he doesn't want to leave us and that he already misses us. We just held each other and cried. WHY!!!!! Do you ever wonder WHY we have to go through certain things? What am I supposed to learn from this whole experience? I want to hurry and learn it and move on. I want my husband home with me and my kids and I want to have family prayer together here not over the phone. I want him to lock up the house before we go to bed, and him to yell for the kids to have family prayer and him to wake us up for scriptures in the morning, I just want him here with me. I want him on the other side of our bed and not a pile of pillows. I love looking out the window and seeing him tinkering in the yard or playing 4 square with the kids or playing football with Trevor. Or what I thought that I hated the most was always watching football on TV, I want him in the family room watching football with Trevor.

Someday our life will be normal again. I just hope that its sooner than later. I am tired of crying and I think that I am aging everytime he leaves again. I am getting more wrinkles from crying my eyes out. I know that I am learning to not take things for granted. To savor every moment with him and to love him despite his faults. Which I know we all have faults. I am so grateful for the man that I married and the sacrifice he is making for our family. I know that this job is NOT easy and as he is out in the freezing cold, while we are warm in our beds, I am so grateful and I love him more every day I think about his sacrifice. I love you Bryan and Thank you.

He will be home in 2 weeks for 1 whole week again. I am so glad we have a schedule now.

7 comments:

Aunt Chris said...

Tonya you are an amazing woman with an amazing family. We will pray that this chapter is almost finished so Bryan can be home.
Love and miss you all
Love
Chris

The Jensen's said...

Hang in there! Sometimes I want to make a call into Heavenly Father and just ask him what I am suppossed to be learning from all this?? I usually have to remind myself that trials really do make us stronger in the end & also truly give us a deeper appreciation for ourselves and those around us. My heart goes out to you! You are so wonderful!!

Marion said...

Yay for the schedule!!!! I'm so happy you have him for a whole week at a time now. Your family is so inspiring to me. I love how close you are to your kids. What a great example :)

mariann and Tory said...

Tonya you are amazing! I pray this trial shall pass quickly! You can do it!!

Susan Vargas said...

Hang in there Tonya - you can do it. You have lots of people rooting for you.

It Just Keeps Getting Better said...

Well I think you are amazing, I admired you and the strength you have. I pray for you every night that this road your family is traveling at this time will end soon. It does make you stop and enjoy the small things in life and take notice of what is truly important. Thank you for being such a good example of embracing time and enjoying the moment. Hope the time when Bryan is gone flies by.

Tori :) said...

Everytime I read one of your "Missing Bryan" posts it makes me cry! I can't imagine being away from Seiuli so much. :( Hang in there. Big (((HUGS)))