Saturday, February 28, 2009

Ivins Princess Pageant Coming UP

Well its that time of year again for the Ivins Princess Pageant and since I am the Pageant Director I need to get my rear in gear and get directing. I took the girls to take some last Royalty pictures for the flyers and advertisments and this is what we got. They are such good girls and I am so glad to not have a daughter participating this year. I am glad to just focus on the pageant part of it, instead of worrying about my daughter's talent, sportswear, etc. Its such a great learning experience for each girl to participate in. I encouraged my girls to do it, not that I hoped they would win, but to have another experience under their belt. They meet new girls and see things from a different perspective. They both have loved participating and serving throughout their year in the royalty. They have never been in so many parades. Cecilee didn't enjoy the parades as much as Cambria but she brought her own style. She always wore Black Converse under her dress in the parades. A funny story was: an older man came to her and told her that she has ruined the image of a princess by wearing those shoes. She just gave him her CECILEE glare and told him, "I never asked to be a princess". That was totally a Cecilee moment. She tells it like it is and she is not prissy about it.

No comments: