Sunday, February 1, 2009

What a great Surprise!!!! A wonderful weekend!

Dinner with Bryan before he hits the road. This has always been his favorite time of the day and on Sunday's, spending time as a family eating, laughing and enjoying each other's company.
All of us went outside while Bryan was grilling the chicken and just loved being outside as a family and enjoying being together.
Bryan grilling the Teriyaki Chicken.
Cecilee wanted to take a picture with Bryan and I before church.
Bryan and his football buddies after dinner. He really enjoyed hanging out with them.
Bryan and the kids right after everyone broke their fast. Shoving food in their mouths.
Trevor's basketball game
Trevor's basketball team

After the game against DIXIE!!! Hooray, we won and what a great feeling that is!!!

Cambria with the WARRIOR, before she cheers.
Cambria getting ready to cheer at the game.
The cheerleaders warming up before the game.

Bryan wanted to go and watch his daughter cheer at a basketball game. This was he first and probably only one he will get to see this year.

I received a call from my husband Friday morning that he was off for the weekend and they are allowing him to come home. I was soo excited, I almost couldn't work because I couldn't wait knowing he was on his way. He was so excited as well. I had made him a care package a few weeks before and put some goodies in the package and there was one in particular that he wanted to cash in on, so when I called him, "He said, I have one thing to pick up at the hotel and then I will be on my way." hahaha He got home just a few minutes before we were leaving to go and watch Cambria cheer at PineView. So of course Bryan wanted to get in as much of his family as he could in the few days that he had. He was looking forward to going to the game and watching his daughter cheer and seeing some of his football boys play basketball. He sure misses being around for all of these things that we take for granted. He was like a celebrity there, everyone was excited to see him back and just wanted to talk. Bryan loved being there and visiting with everyone. Then one of my friends came up and said, "Oh, how long has he been home?" I told her not quite an hour. She said, "WHAT, why are you here? You two need alone time." I told her that Bryan wanted to see Cambria cheer, (this was halftime) she said, "OK he saw her cheer the first half, leave your kids here and have Cambria bring them home and you two go and have alone time." She just made me laugh!!!! Well needless to say, we left and went and got salads at Durangos. It was so good to be together again.

The next morning all of the kids (Trevor, Cambria, Cecilee and Paula) all went to EFY and the only one home was Sydnee. So we decided to take this opportunity to take her to breakfast and let her feel special with just mom and dad. I could see in Bryan's eyes that he was just soaking it all up, just watching Sydnee and her ordering her breakfast and the way she was telling us about everything in her little world. I could see he didn't want to blink anymore, because all of his kids just keep getting bigger and older. When the kids got home, it was like old times, the girls came and laid in the family room with all of us and told us all about EFY and the wonderful speakers. They also had other fun stories to tell Bryan. I catch him more so now than before, soaking all of these moments in and enjoying every minute. I find myself doing the same, and not worrying so much about cleaning my house, getting things done, etc. Just enjoying every moment with the ones that I love the most. These moments are going to be gone tooo soon. That evening I had invited a few of Bryan's friends that he coached with at the high school over for Teriyaki Chicken, Rice, and the Ultimate Chocolate Cake (from Costco). They had a blast just talking football and catching up. I know that Bryan misses so much from his life here at home that I want to make it a good visit for him everytime he comes home.
We came home after church and grilled some more chicken and just enjoyed the beautiful weather outside in the back as a family. I know I am ridiculous with my camera, I take pictures of the stupiest things sometimes, like the back of Bryan barbequing, him playing with the dogs, or him just looking at nothing. I now don't take anything for granted, I savor every minute with my husband and my children. When the kids were younger, Bryan would ALWAYS tell me to take time to enjoy the kids and not worry so much about cleaning my house and doing chores. That, that stuff would always be there. I am now getting it, now that I only have a few more years before I start having children leave my home, but I am enjoying my life and taking time to enjoy them.
Bryan left after dinner and his 20 minute power nap, I had to snuggle into that power nap and enjoy him holding me one last time for at least a couple more weeks. Gosh this doesn't get any easier. He called me when he passed Cedar and he was crying and thanking me for a wonderful weekend. We both were ridiculous on the phone crying like babies and expressing our love to each other. I know that this will pass and I need to be strong. I did get another blessing from my husband before he left. I need strength and I know that the blessings that he gives me helps me get through this tough time.

4 comments:

KaufusiFamily said...

You posts about your husband always leave me teary eyed. i don't know how you do it. What an awesome husband to leave you with a blessing for strength. I know that's what I'd have to do if i were in your situation.

by the way... that chicken looked so yummy. Can't wait for our snow to melt so we can fire of the grill for some yummy chicken.

Marion said...

I get so excited when you get to see him. You have such a great family. I'm glad you have your kids with you. They seem like they're your best friends. Hang in there. Love Ya

It Just Keeps Getting Better said...

You always inspire me to stop and watch. You are such a great mom and wife. You are a lot stronger than you think. And you are giving inspiration to all around you.

Erin said...

You make me cry! You're blog is so cute, your family is as beautiful (or even more so) as always. I miss you more than you know! Thanks for keeping in touch!