Friday, June 5, 2009

Airport Fiasco

Bryan and I stood and watched her go through customs.
Paula and I hugged for the longest time and kept telling each other how much we loved each other. I love this girl, she will always be a part of our family.
Corby had his mom bring him to the airport so he could give Paula a treat & say goodbye.
Paula hugging Dad. We had to pull out 15 pounds of stuff from her suitcase. My arms were full of her stuff.
Paula listening to me talk to the people at the airport.
**********************
We took Paula to the airport and said our dreaded goodbyes. When we got there it was as if the whole airport was waiting on Paula. They hurried us up to the front and said that they are already boarded and that we need to hurry and weigh and check in her stuff. Well when I looked on the internet for the weight limit it said 70 pounds. Well when we got there and they weighed her luggage we were 15 pounds overweight. We had to open her luggage and start pulling stuff out. She was hilarious, and the people working there were being so rude that I was about to tell them off. Cecilee pretty much had to help me stay calm. She kept saying, "OK mom, that's enough mom, mom go over there." Everything was so hurried and then they scooted us over to the customs area and started telling Paula to go through. I said, "Wait a minute, can we go in there? and they said,"NO" So I told him, then you are going to have to wait, we need to give her hugs and say our goodbyes." Well she went through her coordinator and friends and then came to me and we just held each other and cried. She said, "Thank you Mom, I love you Mom" and I just held her so tight I didn't want to let her go. I feel like she is mine. When we got home from the airport, she had 8 frames set up on our counter with pictures of her and each one of us and a family picture (8x10) with her included and a letter for each one of us. I thought that I cried every tear that I had, but apparently I had more to cry. She is such a sweetheart, and I owe it all to her wonderful upbringing of her parents. Her parents are amazing, it shows in their daughter. I am so grateful that we had this wonderful opportunity to be her family her in the USA. I hope that she had a wonderful time with our family.

1 comment:

Taylor Tribe said...

You've done such a tremendous job hosting Paula! Well done! Good for you in telling those "airport people" to wait while you say your goodbyes...we've had our share of that as well. Thank goodness for technology you'll be able to keep in touch with Paula. Hang in there and hope all is well out there in SG, enjoyin the summer heat! Take care:O)