Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Hard Day




Today was a hard day emotionally. Cambria was invited to attend Girls State and she would be gone for a whole week and home on Saturday, June 6th. But the hard part about it, is that Paula leaves to go home on Friday, June 5th and Cambria will not be here to see her go. So, she had to say her Goodbye before she left for SUU. WOW-I knew that "GOODBYE" was going to be hard. They just stood in the garage and held each other and cried. Cambria cried for a while when I was driving her to her friends to get a ride to Girls State. They have become very very close friends, more like sisters. They love each other so much, but I KNOW that they will see each other again. Well after that emotional morning, my kids called me at work and said, "Mom we can't get Diesel, our new puppy, to eat". I told them that dad should be home and he will take him to the Vet. Well Bryan called me and said that there was not much the Vet could do for him but clean out the infection in his eye. While on my way home from work, I was talking to Bryan on the phone and he said that the puppy passed away. I just started crying, the last few days I had done everything that I could think of to keep him alive. I even went and got Puppy formula and a bottle and bottle fed him every few hours. I was so sad, I just cried the rest of the way home. WOW, all of these darn goodbyes. I HATE goodbyes!!!

I am soooo dreading Friday to come - I don't want to say goodbye to Paula. On Sunday she and I had a good cry in the kitchen just hugging each other. She thanked me for the party and we just cried and hugged. I love her so much, I think of her as one of my kids. Thank goodness for modern technology and webcams. That will help with the distance between us.

No comments: