Friday, June 5, 2009

Our Last Hours with Paula


Paula her last look at St. George.
My kids!!!
Cecilee and Paula





Paula in front of the St. George Temple.





Breakfast at In-N-Out.






Today was our last day with our Brazilian daughter and sister. We took off in the morning and went and picked Sydnee up from a sleepover at her cousins and Paula was able to say goodbye to Kiana, Tayvia, Keawe, & Cali. She loves children and its so much fun to watch her with them. But the feeling is the same with them, you would think that Paula is their actual blood cousin. They are going to miss her. We then went to breakfast at 10:00am to In-N-Out. I had NO idea that they were serving food that early in the morning, but for Paula's last day we went there to eat. Then we went by the Temple and visitors center so she could drop off a thank you card for the missionaries and to take a picture in front of the temple. We then went up on the DIXIE rock to over look St. George. She has had a wonderful time here in Utah and is very excited to see her family in Brazil but, will miss everyone that has made her stay so wonderful here in St. George. She has made sooooo many friends. We have had people stopping by for the last few days to say their goodbyes. Lots of boys coming out of the woodwork wanting to take her to lunch. WOW, where were they a few months ago, now they make themselves known. GO FIGURE!!! We then stopped by Golden Spoon and got yogurt and came home to finish packing. She stuffed everything in her two suitcases and they each weighed 65pounds. I am having such anxiety letting her go by herself on an airplane and to these HUGE airports by herself. I told her my worries and she said, "Mom, I came here by myself and I could hardly speak any english and I managed fine, but now I can speak good english, I am not worried." I don't know, it's the mom in me, and I think of her as my own daughter. I am so worried, I pray Heavenly Father keeps an eye on her and sends people to help her find her way. She is this tiny little thing with 2 HUGE suitcases and a big purse and carryon bag and scrapbook in arms. Please keep her safe. We are so sad to see her leave, but we have thoroughly enjoyed having her as part of our family. I can't look at a family picture with my 4 kids and not think that someone is missing. Thank goodness I have a family picture with Paula in it. We are on our way to the airport. Lets see if I get some pictures there, I will probably be crying tooooo much.

No comments: