Sunday, January 15, 2012

Boys will be Boys!!!

Last night something scary happened with Trevor and his friends. Trevor had asked if he could go and do a bonfire with his friends, but we were on our way to Cambria's dance performance with KALAMITY, so I told him that he needed to support his sister first, and then we will drop him off at his friends house and do the bonfire. Well we get to his friend, Navy's house and there are 2 trucks and a trailer filled with Christmas Trees. Navy comes running to the car, so excited to see Trevor and says, "Tonya, look at all of our trees, we are going to have a huge bonfire." I was a little taken back and concerned about seeing HOW MANY TREES they had. It was going to be huge. I told Bryan, "I don't know about this", Bryan says, "Tonya~boys will be boys, Trevor will be fine." Navy heard him and said, "Tonya~Trevor is going to be fine, my dad and Marshall's dad is fine about this and we will be safe." So we drove off and I told Trevor to be safe and NOT stupid.
Well, Trevor came home about an hour later~a little soon, after a bonfire and tons of trees. I asked him how it was~ and the boy with very little words to say, said, "Good". I could tell something wasn't right, so I continued to ask questions. "Did somebody get hurt?" Then his face said it all, like "HOW DID YOU KNOW?" He said, "Navy burned his face" (So matter-of-factly). Like I was suppose to say, "Oh is that it?" I said, "WHAT?" Trevor starts trying to explain.. "We piled the trees and Navy threw gas on it and lit it and it flashed onto his face and burned his eyes and lips." OH MY GOODNESS, "Where Were you standing?" "Behind him". So then what happened. "Navy stopped, dropped and rolled and then Marshall took him to his house to his parents and Chaz and I stayed with the fire until we could put it out."
So I called Echo and she said that they were taking him to the hospital. He had synged his hair and his face and lips were bad. So when she got to the hospital she let me know that he had inhaled alot of smoke and he had soot in his lungs. They were worried, considering he had asthma. So they put him on IV and cleaned up his face and burns. Trevor was worried, so he and his friend, Chaz went to the hospital to see Navy. When they got there, they were releasing him from the hospital. They went to Navy's house and visited with him for a while. But boy were we glad that it wasn't worse than that. It could've been so much worse. While talking to Echo, she said that she had a dream about Navy getting burned last week. And I said, "And you allowed him to go and do a bonfire?" She said, "Tonya, how was I to know, I can't keep him in a bubble, I just have to trust in my Heavenly Father and my son and pray that he makes wise decisions." SOOO True, very profound statement.
Trevor has been through alot with Navy and that's what continues to strengthen their friendship. Navy is like one of my own kids and I sure love that kid. I am so glad that he is OK and nothing more serious happened.

No comments: