Saturday, January 14, 2012

Integrity!!!!

 The other day, we were talking about Integrity and Cecilee shared with me something that I wanted to make sure to have in my family journal. She said, "Mom, this week I picked up my paycheck from Pizza Factory and went to the bank and put $200.00 in my savings and $48.00 in my checking. So as I left I put my receipts in my purse, cause they make NO sense to me at all, and when I got home I checked my accounts on my phone. I saw that my $200.00 was in my savings and in my checking it said that I had $148.00. I was surprised, so I looked at what was in my account before I asked them to put the $48.00 in and there wasn't anything in there. So I realized that the lady made a mistake and accidentally put an extra $100.00 in my account. I went back to the bank the next day and approached one of the tellers and told her what happened and she was shocked that I came back and so grateful, because she said that the lady was on the verge of loosing her job and was bawling that morning. The lady told her, "don't be surprised if you get a thank you  letter from her in the mail". Cecilee said I didn't do it for a thank you, I did it because it was the right thing to do. It wasn't my money.
I was so proud of her and her decision to do what was right. Who would've know, besides the one that matters, Our Heavenly Father.

INTEGRITY to me means: Doing something that you know is right and standing up for it, especially when NOBODY is watching.  It's what determines your character.
I will have the moral courage to make my actions consistent with my knowledge of right and wrong” (Young Women Personal Progress, p.54).
The final value in the Personal Progress book is Integrity. The theme for this value is "I will have the moral courage to make my decisions based on my knowledge of what is right and wrong." The scripture is Job 27:5: "Till I die I will not have my integrity removed from me." This is a wonderful value that will help your daughter develop strong and good characters.

I, as Cecilee's mom cannot be any prouder and so happy about her story. She has always been such an honest and strong young woman, but that test was a TEST.
I know how much money means to ANYONE, and especially my girls who work for everything and pay for most everything that they need or want. To be tested with money and to pass with flying colors, I know that Heavenly Father was looking down and wondering how Cecilee was going to handle this test, that he was about to send her way. And I know that he was proud of her, as well as I am. She didn't even say anything about it to me when it happened. It wasn't a big deal to her, but I made it a bigger deal, because to me, it was a big deal.
I love my CEC-So-Sweet!!!!

No comments: