Monday, March 19, 2012

Dad's Big Day FINALLY!!!!

I just hung up with my parents and today is my dad's surgery day FINALLY, after waiting for almost 5 months to have his knee replacement put back in. They sounded so good and excited. My dad is ready to move onto the recovery process of this whole trial that he has been through these last few months. We always wonder what we are to learn from our trials. I have watched my mom and dad's relationship get stronger and closer, even though they have always had a wonderful marriage. We always wonder why we all go through certain trials in our lives, but as long as we have the big picture in mind and remember why we are here, we know Heavenly Father has a plan for us.

I read a quote from one of our general authorities from conference,  "Just when all seems to be going right, challenges often come in multiple doses applied simultaneously. When those trials are not consequences of your disobedience, they are evidence that the Lord feels that you are prepared to grow more. He therefore gives you experiences that stimulate growth, understanding, and compassion which polish you for your everlasting benefit. To get you from where you are to where He wants you to be requires a lot of stretching, and that generally entails discomfort and pain......This life is an experience in profound trust--trust in Jesus Christ."
I thought this fit my dad's situation so well. But we all go through certain trials and we need to realize it's Heavenly Father's way of making us stronger.

No comments: