Friday, November 14, 2008

My Brother is Getting Married


This was after Trevor and Jaden's Football Game. They are so cute together. Becca saw a new side to Adam that night cheering for his nephews.
This was at my mom and dad's 40 year anniversary party. Love the new haircut Becca gave to Adam?

My brother Adam has found the love of his life, thanks to me and Rebecca Smith. We do have to take credit for this, because in reality I really don't think they would've found each other. (I really don't believe that, because if you are meant to be, it will happen) But with her living in BFGunlock (as Becca calls it) and Adam in Hurricane -they are on seperate sides of the world and they have different lives, that their paths might not have crossed, but we helped them to cross.

I asked Becca to be the MC for the Miss Ivins Pageant last year and in the process of getting everything together I came across her name and something told me, "What about Adam?" I thought for a minute and knew that she had two boys and had been married before and then I thought, that wouldn't scare Adam off. Adam loves kids and if any of my brother's would marry into a "ready made family" it would most definately be Adam. So the next day I went to the elementary field day at the high school and ran into Rebecca Smith. She told me that she saw Adam at Tuacahn and he is so handsome, is he dating anyone? I said, "NO, he is just dating everyone." So she brought up, "What about Becca?" I told her, "I thought about her last night, that is so weird that we both had that thought."
As the pageant got closer and we had dress rehearsal I approached Becca with my thought. I had NO idea that she had just swarn off ALL men in general, so I really took a chance. I told her that he was TALL, DARK and Handsome. Then she started thinking about it.
At the pageant I told Adam, just watch her and if you still want to meet her I can schedule a meeting. Well the pageant starts and Adam is sitting behind me and Becca walks out in her crown being charming, witty and hilarious (perfect for an MC for a boring pageant). The first minute Becca had him hooked. He was laughing the loudest out of everyone in the auditorium and smiling the biggest. I sure wish I had a picture of the look on his face that night. So I whispered, "What do you think?" Adam replied, "Hook me up." Well the pageant ended and Becca disappeared, she thought it was awkward to meet there.
So the next day, Adam called my Cell Phone about 10 times and left messages, but I don't answer my cell on the weekend, so Monday morning I got all of the messages. I called Adam back and he was all, "Give me her number, I can't stop thinking about her, I want to hang out with her, blah blah blah." WOW my brother was smitten by the love bug. I called Becca, got her permission to give him her number and the rest is HISTORY!!!!!
I am so excited for them, they are so perfect for each other. Becca and her two boys are going to be a great addition to our family. Adam couldn't have asked for a more perfect little family. The Lord works in mysterious ways, but we wouldn't have it any other way, right? They are getting married on December 19th in the St. George Temple and the Hawaiian Christmas Wedding Reception and party of the year will be held at Tuacahn. Both families are working hard to pull this shindig off and are ALL sooooooo excited. Adam is marrying into a GREAT family, he just loves them. I am so happy for Adam, he deserves all of this happiness that he is receiving.

3 comments:

Joseph and Katie said...

This is such a fun write up! It is great to hear the behind the story details. They really are happy and we couldn't be more thrilled for both of them. LOL to you and your fam. We can't wait for the big day!

Taylor Tribe said...

Love it! They were meant to be & they are both marrying into awesome families for sure.
Tonya, if I must add my two cents...Becca & I USED to work out together early morning at her crazy time of 5am. I was her therapist!!!After listening to her talk about 'shutting off' men in general I said, 'Becca, you just need to get yourself a Polynesian Man'. And did she EVER! I am so happy for them & all yous. Congratulations! Cute updo on your blog btw.

KaufusiFamily said...

Great news! We are so excited for them. They are both marrying into GREAT families. Can't wait to see the pictures.

Yea... BFGunlock... what a perfect name. The first thing I said to my parents when I found out they were moving there was, "Do you know how far that is from St. George? That is adding 30 more minutes to our 4 hour drive." hahaha.