Sunday, January 11, 2009

Cheer Competition-We took Second

Cambria and some of the cheerleaders:Katie, Nikki, Brittney, Sahara, Kassidy, Amanda, & Paige.
Cambria and her coach - Cheryl

Cambria and her stunt group: Courtney, Brielle & Tiffany


The whole squad minus Lindsey (who got hurt) they took her to the hospital.

Me and Cambria after the competition!!!!
**********************************************
Saturday we traveled down to Las Vegas with the Cheer Squad and they competed against teams from Nevada, California and Utah. Our squad was unbelieveable-they hit every stunt, and every move was so sharp, clean and precise. They did an awesome job, I was so proud of them and I was just a proud mom sitting in the stands cheering. I can only image how their coaches felt. There was one girl in particular that got hurt on the first stunt. She twisted her ankle very bad that they thought that it was broken afterwards, but just a bad sprain. She hurt herself landing the first stunt and finished the whole 4 minute routine on her hurt ankle and right after walking off the mat, collapsed and was in soooo much pain. She was such a trooper to not quit and continue for the whole team. She was a flyer, which meant she was one of the girls that they through up in the air, lifted and did the stunts and she did it all in pain. That was the reason why they took 2nd. The judges had NO idea that the girl hurt herself in the first stunt and just thought that they made a mistake. Otherwise, there is NO doubt, they would've placed 1st. It was fun to see all of the other teams. It felt like we were in that movie, "Bring it On" when we first walked into the registration area. All of these girls were just eyeballing all of the incoming teams. It was hilarious.

2 comments:

Marion said...

You are such a good mom. It's awesome that you are so supportive of ALL your kids. What a great example :)

The Jensen's said...

So I was blog hoppin' and came across your blog from Steph's page. Your family is so super cute!! I didn't know if you were still my visiting teacher, but I figured if you wanted to keeps tabs on me you could now just read my blog!! Ha ha awesome! Anyways my blog is private so if you want an invite just email me your email address at
4jensens@skyviewmail.com
and I can add!