Sunday, January 4, 2009

Does it ever get easier?


Sydnee thought that it would be fun to play with the camera and take some silly pictures of me and Bryan moments before he left.

Well my husband left for Wyoming today and I thought this whole day that I was going to be strong and think that I've already had a melt down last time he left so this time it should be easier. Well - it came time to say goodbye and he gave me a quick squeeze and then disappeared.
I went to find him and he was in our room wiping away his tears, WOW that brought on my waterworks. So much for being strong. We just held each other and cried. Gosh, I love this man sooo much!!! Then of course the kids come in and we all have a big group family hug and start crying. So I answered my own question about ever getting easier, I guess it doesn't, but it will make us closer, stronger and appreciate one another more. It's funny because he was here the whole holiday season for 2 weeks and I loved it, but he started getting on my nerves this past week. Now I want him to be on my nerves and bug me. I am never satisified. Don't ever take anything for granted. Love every moment that you have with that special person. I am just grateful that he has a job for our family and that we will get closer as a couple by the absence. I love having couple prayer with him morning and night over the phone. Life is wonderful!!!

7 comments:

Joseph and Katie said...

Cute pics of you two. You look so good Tonya. I am grateful for the reminder to not take my Joe for granted. Right now he is repairing our refigerator and I am so grateful he can do this. :)

Marion said...

You can do it Tonya :) I always feel sad for you when I read that Bryan has to leave. You guys are such a strong family. Thanks for your examples.

Taylor Tribe said...

Hey Tonya! Hang in there girl...You are so strong! I agree with Katie, thanks for the reminder. By the way you guys look gorgeous!

Mindy said...

Cute pics! I believe it gets easier. Atleast it has for me. It's amazing how quickly the weeks go. Enjoy the luxury of Oprah.

Taffi Pratt said...

Holy Crap Tonya!!!! Its me Taffi Pratt (Dean) I happen upon your website through weird ways... but I happen to click on it and here I am .. I was floored when I saw you!!!! well if you dont remember I am Stacis Deans little sister... Mickey and Bunny Dean.. well check my website out if that didnt work just email me.. I have 4 boys.. 12, 10, 7, 3.. I am done, I was on my death bed with the last one.. so no more babies!!! I have been married almost 14 years.. well email me kirtgan@mac.com take it easy, and soon your hubby will return... :)

http://web.mac.com/kirtgan/Prattastic6/Welcome.html

It Just Keeps Getting Better said...

Hey I totally enjoyed the pictures. And I always feel sad for you when I know Brian's gone. But, Hey you are a strong person. Always have been. I can't say if it gets easier. But I do think you will be closer. And Thanks for the reminder about not taking things for granted. We all need a little reminder sometimes. I am so glad you found my blog. I love seeing your family. Its nice to know that some childhood, teenage friends aren't so far away. Hang in there. My thoughts are with you.

Julie

Ammie said...

You are an amazing couple! And you look so great in the pictures.