Thursday, May 20, 2010

Countdown to Graduation




It is exactly one week till my oldest graduates from High School. I have such mixed feelings about this whole graduation, life changing movement. I can't even believe that it has been 12 years for her in school and it's all done. I remember standing in the elementary when she was in kindergarten and listening to the PTA President about joining and signing up to be on the PTA. Then I said to myself, "I am turning into my mom." I don't regret one thing about being so involved. I was asked by a lady in my ward the other night and she said, "Your two girls, Cambria and Cecilee are best friends, how did you get them to be best friends?" I didn't know what to say, I did tell her that when they would fight I would have them come together and hold hands and sing, The Sister Song from Barney

"Sometimes we're real close friends, we stay up late and talk at night,
other times we don't get along, there are even times we fight,
But I know she's always there, and I know she'll always care,
SHE'S MY SISTER, I LOVE MY SISTER."
"I've given her a great BIG hug, when she was feeling bad,
but then again, I've said some things, that have really made her mad,
But I know she's always there, and I know she'll always care,
SHE'S MY SISTER, I LOVE MY SISTER."

I was telling Bryan about my conversation with this lady and Cecilee was listening and she said, "I totally remember that song" and she sang it. I told her I was surprised that she remembered all the words. She looked at me and said, "We sang that ALL THE TIME." What does that tell you, They fought alot? I so miss those days. I get so emotional about thinking back on those days, I just can't believe how fast time has flown. Take and enjoy every stage of your kids lives. I think that Cecilee is getting emotional with this whole graduation with Cambria. She is already missing her from her room, sharing clothes, at the high school, riding to school together and Cam just being there when Cecilee needs someone to talk to. They are truly each others best friends but BOY can they FIGHT!!! That's sisters.

1 comment:

Katie Nikolaus said...

I can't wait to see you at graduation! Congrats on your SENIOR! I still can't believe you have a daughter graduating, you look FABULOUS!