Monday, May 17, 2010

Goodbye Chewy

We received awful news today at 3:00pm. We took Chewy into the vet because he was so sick and they hooked him to IV and wanted to get fluids in him, take xrays and try to get his body temperature up because it was 92 degrees where it was suppose to be at 101 degrees. Well the Dr. wanted to keep him for a few days to keep a close eye on him and he called a few hours later and said that "Chewy didn't make it." I burst into tears when the Dr. told me that, I totally didn't expect to react that way. I then didn't know how to break the news to my son. I walked out into the living room and Trevor heard me come in and turned and saw my face and instantly knew why I was crying. He tried NOT to cry and tilted his head up to the sky to keep his tears in his face. I grabbed him and hugged him and told him that it was OK to cry. I then told him that he should probably go and tell the other dogs outside, since they have been looking for Chewy since we took him this morning. He then told me, "I won't have to say a thing to them, they will know when I go out there." I watched him go and lay down on the edge of the spa and the dogs came right up to him and they seemed to know. All 3 of them needed each other (Trevor, Bruzer and Chloe) He just layed out there for a while, so sad. Then Bryan came home and spent a little time out there with him and just talked about Life. That has got to be one of the hardest things to watch your son go through. Bryan came into the house and all 4 of us girls : Cam, Cec, Syd and I were all at the table bawling about Chewy. Who would've thought that this little dog could break our hears like that?


2 comments:

Lacie @ Creative Attempts said...

my heart is breaking for you and your family again I am so sorry

mama donk aubri jo said...

oh so sad :( I am so sorry.