Monday, May 3, 2010

Testimony of Priesthood

I bore my testimony in church on Sunday, after watching some of the men (Bryan,Paul Hurt, Vernon Parent) jump into the pews with the deacons to fill the positions to pass the sacrament. My thoughts turned to, "I am so grateful that these men are worthy to jump in when needed to use their priesthood." I got a little emotional through the sacrament and then that feeling came that I needed to bare my testimony and share my thoughts with these priesthood holders. So I got up and thanked the Young Men for doing what they do every sunday, for me and everyone else. They do something for us that we CAN'T do for ourselves. I appreciate the heartfelt prayers that are offered on the bread and water in my behalf. I appreciate the deacons for serving me the sacrament in remembrance of my Savior. I appreciate the men who can at the last second, jump up and use their preisthood, whether it be to pass the sacrament or to give a blessing. I feel so fortunate to have worthy priesthood holders around me.

That was my testimony and I am so appreciative for them to keep themselves worthy to use their priesthood. I love the priesthood.

2 comments:

Ammie said...

You are so cute! I admire you and your beautiful family.

Lacie @ Creative Attempts said...

you have the most amazing spirit! and i was in a ward with paul hurt once that is one nice guy and family