Tuesday, November 8, 2011

My Poor Dad !!!

My dad is out of commission AGAIN with his knee. He was rearended after the marathon and it caused damage to his knee. The Dr. ended up taking his knee replacement out for 6-8 weeks and then they will do ANOTHER knee replacement. My poor dad is in soooo much pain. He has always been SUPERMAN to me as a little girl and always sooo active. From weightlifting, football, basketball, running marathons, etc. Now to watch him go through this ALL OVER AGAIN, breaks my heart. Thank goodness for the gospel and the knowledge that we know that Heavenly Father has a plan for all of us and he would NEVER give us more than we could handle. He loves us and it hurts him to watch us suffer and to go through things like this, but he knows that its for our own good. I always wonder, "Why does my dad have to go through this again. What is he suppose to learn or what are we suppose to learn." I keep reminding my dad, that he needs to learn PATIENCE and that the nurses and doctors are here to help him and they are on his side, NOT against him. He gets impatient sometimes because of his pain and his whole situation, but he still keeps his spirits high. With the gospel and our knowledge of the bigger picture, we will all get through this trial in our life. I remember as a little girl, my dad would ALWAYS say, "We need to be thankful for our trials. They will make us stronger." I love my SUPERMAN, and he will ALWAYS be SUPERMAN to me!!!"
Sunday morning I had a strong feeling to go and visit my dad at 7:30am. I got dressed and took off, when I got there I saw my mom's car and noticed she had spent the night. She wasn't prepared to spend the night, so I went into the room and my mom was surprised to see me, but my dad looked like he was expecting me. So I talked to my mom and she decided to run home and get some stuff and shower and use the time that I was there to take care of things. After she had left, my dad asked me, "Tonya, why are you here?" I told him that I had a strong feeling to come, I didn't know why. He said, "I said my prayers this morning and asked Heavenly Father to please send one of my children here so that mom could go home and take care of a few things, then you walked in." I told my dad, I was probably the only kid up at this time to listen to the spirit. I am so thankful that I was able to be his answer to his prayer and I was thankful that I listened to the spirit and just came. I hope that I can ALWAYS listen and be in tuned to hear it.



No comments: