Thursday, September 24, 2015

Our Baby & missing my kids

Sydnee is the baby of the family, and therefore she is by herself at home now.
 She is totally a Daddy's Girl and is spoiled by him.
Our world is centered around her now because she is all we have, where did the time go.
But we LOVE watching her in all that she's involved in. She keeps us young.

 But there are times when I start getting weepy and missing all of my kids under one roof.
I miss them coming home after school and my house being chaotic and loud and telling me
all of the happenings at school. I miss the girls sitting on the counters and me telling them to
get off because it's for FOOD not BUTTS. I miss hearing them laugh and laying in the
family room talking and sometimes fighting. 
I miss having their books and backpacks in the hallway, telling them to come pick up their
shoes and stuff in the Family Room. I miss washing my son's stinky, dirty football uniforms.
I miss making breakfast for them and sitting around
the table and discussing different topics. I miss being a crazy busy mom getting from one 
practice to another, whether it was soccer, football, basketball or Rugby. I miss cheering them on
the sidelines. I do miss telling Bryan to stop yelling at the ref's and to keep his opinions to himself.
I miss having family prayer and all of my kids in the circle. I miss them!!!!
But I am so grateful for the people that they are NOW and what they are doing in their lives.
I look at them and think, Bryan & I must have done something right with raising them.  
They are quite incredible people, both of my girls have married handsome and incredible men who love them completely and treat them like princesses. (We wouldn't want anything else)
Married in the temple, strong testimonies, self reliant and hard workers.
My son is in Mexico preaching the Gospel and loving the Mexican people. He is gaining more there
than he could ever gain here at this time. This is where he is suppose to be!!!
Even though as his mom, I think I MISS HIM THE MOST!!!
But so grateful for the example and sacrifice that he is making for our Savior.
Sydnee is a happy cheerleader with lots of friends enjoying high school with a job at Tuacahn.
I love my children and the joy that they bring into my life. I am so privileged to be their mom.
They continue to set the example for me everyday. 
I hope to be like them when I grow up!!!
(Of course I write this with tears streaming down my face & lots of love for them!)

No comments: