Monday, December 8, 2008

DO NOT DESPAIR!!!

Every morning before scripture study we always read the thought out of Gordon B. Hinkley's book, "Stand a Little Taller", this morning on December 8th it read: DO NOT DESPAIR "All these things shall give thee experience and shall be for thy good" D&C 122:7
"We are in a period of stress across the world. There are occasionally hard days for each of us. Do not despair. Do NOT give up. Look for the sunlight through the clouds. Opportunities will eventually open to you. Do not let the prophets of gloom endanger your possibilities."

You can bet that I started crying. I love my HEavenly Father and I know that he knows me and hears my prayers and is aware of my family and what we are going through, as well as everyone else. He is Almighty and incredible. I know that with his help I am going to only get stronger and be able to get through these long days without my husband.

3 comments:

Taylor Tribe said...

Hey Tonya, Just wanted to come by and share some love on your page. Will be praying for you sister. Hang in there...Love ya!

Madison Matthews said...

Tonya-- I love you and you are such a strength and inspiration to me. I will pray for you. Thanks for your example and honesty. I cried as I read this. You are a strong woman of faith. You have the hope needed to get through these weeks. I am just down the road if I can assist you in anything.
Love your neighbor and friend Steph

Mindy said...

Isn't this just a true statement. A simple "Chin up! I am God!" Who doesn't need this right now?