Thursday, December 11, 2008

It's a Wonderful LIFE!!!

I am doing wonderful!! Monday night we had carolers come and sing and invite us to come to the neighbors house for hot chocolate and goodies. I felt that I needed to get out and mingle, so I did and dragged all of my kids with. It was so good to be with the neighborhood and talk, everyone was concerned about Bryan and asking about him. I have a great great neighborhood and ward. Everyone is so supportive and willing to help. I feel so safe and secure with my neighborhood. I know that I can call upon any of my neighbors at anytime and they would be there for me and my children.

It's been kind of funny since Bryan has gone, of course now everything is going to start braking down. Cambria told me that her car was smoking & making a funny noise. So I call Bryan and he said was kind of noise? She said, it sounds like pressure. So Bryan said, that's not smoking its steam. So he walked me through opening the hood and checking the water in the radiator and refilling it. Wow, I had the phone to my ear, the flashlight in one hand, trying to open the hood and the lid to the radiator and trying to pour water in the hole. Then a HUGE dog appeared and I dropped everything and screamed. Bryan was on the other end wondering what in the world. I fixed the car and now you can call me "mechanic mama".

Then I get a call at work and the kids tell me that there's water all over the kitchen and the hose to the pull out faucett is busted. OF COURSE it is. I get home and just start laughing and figure I wanted to clean out under the sink anyways. I call my plumber and he said, call the 1 800 number and they have a lifetime warranty on your fixtures, so they should replace them for free. And they are, but meanwhile, I can't use my faucett, so we bring gallons of hot water from the bathroom to the sink and make due. Wow, I really appreciate my kitchen faucett. I take simple things for granted until they are broken or not there.

Then of course everything happens in 3's. I am doing laundry and I ask Cecilee to switch the laundry to the dryer and she yell's , mom the dryer isn't working. I just start laughing and almost crying, but what would crying do? It won't fix the problem, right- so I go in the laundry room and clean out the lint catcher, read the wording around the door of the dryer, turn the knob to every setting on the dryer and then I kneel down in the laundry room and pray to my Heavenly Father. I don't know what to do, I get up from praying and turn off the light and think maybe it needs to rest a bit. I go in the kitchen to clean up the water mess in there and I hear the dryer go on. I walk in there and the dryer is working. I just start crying because I know that my Heavenely Father heard my prayer and he is watching out for me and my family. I love him so much, of course I had to get on my knees again and thank him.

My testimony has grown so much within the last few days. I am starting to feel like I am becoming a bother to my Heavenly Father and always gettign on my knees and asking him for help. But I know that's what he would want, he always tells us to come to him, and how is he supposed to help us if we don't ask him. I am loving my life and grateful for all that he continues to bless our family with. I look forward to having couple prayer with Bryan over the phone at night and I look forward to his phonecalls in the morning to wake everyone up for scripture study. I love you all and thank you also for your support.

3 comments:

Marion said...

I'm so glad you're doing better. I felt so bad for you with your previous post.

I know exactly what you're going through without a kitchen sink. It happened to us a couple of months ago. Luckily our neighbor fixed it. We do take the little things for granted.

Krista said...

You are so sweet! I love your strength and your faith. I can't imagine what it would be like to have my husband gone for such long periods of time. I can only say that I truly admire your willingness to go through this trial and know that it is what is best for your family right now.

My friend has a husband who is a pilot and he is gone for long periods of time as well, leaving her alone to care for 3 small children. I have asked her how whe handles it and she says that it's hardest when he leaves after he has been home for long periods of time. She finds that if she relies on Heavenly Father and keeps some structure, things run a lot more smoothly and she is able to handle it better.

Good luck and if you need anything, we are only a few streets away! :)

Andy &Tia Stokes said...

ok sister...my blog is back!!! stokesfamily8