Thursday, February 2, 2012

Today I Am Grateful

This morning I have been reading different blogs of others trials and have been so grateful. This past week I learned of a Happily Married, Mother of 5 who was diagnosed with Triple Negative-Stage 4 Breast Cancer who is ONLY 36. WHAT!!!  Everyday she or her husband have been keeping up on their blog and their thoughts and feelings.  Oh My Goodness, that could be any of us. Her blog is so uplifting and real. She has been blessed with alot of support and love from the community and ward members. Her story can be found at this address: http://www.sunshinesafterrain.com/

Another inspiring story that I keep up on is this 3 year old little girl named Taleah who was diagnosed with Leukemia. She was 2 when she was diagnosed-"Are you serious 2 years old??" How does that happen?  Her mom is so cute about keeping up with her blog and keeping everyone updated. They have also been blessed with lots of family support & love from the community. They are just inspirations to me. Her story is at this address: http://togetherfortaleah.blogspot.com/

Then last night I went to do my taxes in Hurricane, so Bryan and I ran by to see my parents and drop some pictures off. While there they had a few, "To do's" for Bryan to do, since my dad CAN'T do. So I ended up leaving Bryan there while I went to do our taxes. He said that he just loved hanging out with my parents and just loves my dad's outlook on life. My dad is still laid up in bed with his knee-or LACK OF KNEE, waiting for the OK for surgery. Yes, it's been since October 1st, 2011-he has been bedridden. He always has the best the attitude and always so happy about LIFE. I love my dad so much and can't wait till he can be his active self again. He is such an inspiration to all of us!!!

We wonder-WHY certain things happen. I know that there is a bigger picture that we just don't know about, BUT our wonderful Heavenly Father knows what's best for us. He is teaching us something along the road of life. I hope that I can learn from these stories and apply them in my life and help make myself a better person and reach out to others. LIFE IS AMAZING!!!
Like what my dad always says:
"Yesterday was history,
 Tomorrow is a mystery,
Today is a GIFT
That's why they call it THE PRESENT"
Live each day - as if it were a GIFT!!

No comments: