Friday, June 22, 2012

Candlelight Vigil

Tonight was the candlelight vigil held for KJ Harrison. It was so touching to hear how many people were there to share in the love for KJ. Everyone brought candles, tears and money to donate to the family. 
 There was a little ceremony where 4 students talked. The students were: Sarah Henderson, Kylee Matin, Nate Gottfredson, and Clint Gates. When talking to Trevor the next morning, I was asking him how it was. He said that there was alot of crying. I asked him, did you cry more the first night you got the news or last night? And he said, "Last night". I also asked about the words that were spoken. He said Nate gave the best words, in his opinion. He recalled that they were playing basketball the day before and KJ had to leave, he then came back to play some more and the boys asked him, "I thought you had to go?" Then KJ's Response was, "I just felt like I needed to spend alittle more time with you guys." While Trevor was telling me the story, he started bawling and of course that made me start crying. It's so hard as a mom to watch your child in so much pain. His heart is broken and so sad.  

No comments: