Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Death of A Friend

Today I received a phonecall from one of Trevor's friends-Navy, who calls all the time looking for Trevor. (Even though Trevor has a phone, it doesn't help that he doesn't answer it regularly. Which is good, because he is NOT connected to it.) Well Navy asked if I had heard about KJ Harrison? I told him No and he proceeded to tell me that KJ has drowned on a Scout Trip. They were a Hava Supai and he got caught under a waterfall. OH MY GOODNESS, I burst into tears right there at Panda Express with all of the girls in the Horlacher Family, because we were on our way to Tuacahn to see Aladdin. I was just so distraught and saddened by the news. My girls were watching me on the phone receive the news and they started crying, not even knowing the whole story. I was just shocked. He told me that he was trying to call Trevor, but he hung up on him when he heard his voice, because he started crying and knew that Trevor would be heartbroken. When Navy got strong enough to call him, he text me back and sad, Trevor is very sad.

Well Trevor was up at the Ranch working with Grandpa and he was just by himself. I KNEW for a fact, that Trevor would not tell Grandpa anything about what happened with his friend. And I was right!!! Grandma called Grandpa and Grandpa brought Trevor home. When Trevor got home, he was fine, but his friend Navy came over and they were talking about the Candlelight Vigil that is being held in KJ's Honor.  Navy was saying, "Everyone is going to be crying". I told them that it was a good way to remember KJ and to share memories and cry and hug and just be around friends to help with the healing process. Then Trevor said,"Or just cry by yourself". I then asked him if that was what he did. He said, "Mom, I didn't sleep at all last night, I just cried and cried. I then dozed off and I had a dream that I was talking to KJ and that it was someone else that died. " He said that it was a very long night.

It's so hard to watch your children go through life lessons like this.

No comments: