Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Strawberry Freezer Jam

Growing up I have fond memories as a child going to pick strawberries with my mom and brothers. In California they would open the Strawberry fields to the public after they have been picked through, but there were still tons of Strawberries that could be gotten. So my mom would give us all the biggest bucket she could find and have all 5 of us fill them. My brothers would eat, pick and throw. They would love to have strawberry wars. Then we would come home we would hull the strawberries and my mom would make strawberry jam. I have always loved homemade strawberry jam, more than the store bought. My mom was the epitomy of a homemaker. So all of my married life I have wanted to be like her and wanted to make jam all on my own.
I have a friend (Thanks Stephanie) that talked me into thinking that I could do it all on my own.
SO~ with her belief in me and she kept telling me how easy it was, I tried it.
It was soooooo easy!!
I only needed fruit, sugar and pectin.
I couldn't believe that I DID IT!!!!!

1 comment:

Quick Fixx said...

Tonya- I am SOOOO PROUD of you! I knew you could do it! :) You are awesome.