Thursday, December 20, 2012

"Moving Out Is Hard"

Those were her exact words. They came home from their honeymoon and came over to eat a home cooked meal and pick up some of her stuff.
 When she came in she seemed a little more mature and grown up, but I was strong and not emotional at all, just very excited that they were here and excited to hug her!!!
 We ate lunch and talked about Hawaii and I watched her walk around the house and saw in her eyes that she was taking it all in. I could tell she was doing a lot of picture taking in her head of our home, but I didn't realize what she was doing until she came downstairs from her room and her eyes were moist and red and she kept wiping her nose and she looked at me and said, 
"Mom, moving out is hard. I didn't realize how emotional this was going to be. I am going to make a few trips in moving out." 
She came to me and we just hugged and cried!!! I lost it again!! 
She has left the house and it's been 20 minutes and I am still crying like a baby. I thought that I cried everything dry last Friday. It was good to see her so emotional about moving out because  I thought that it was a single sided feeling. I told her that I remembered when I was on my honeymoon the next day I just wanted to hear my mom and dad's voices and call them and thank them for everything. Then towards the end of our honeymoon I told Bryan, that I was ready to go home because this felt like a very long date and I was ready to be home with my family. He told me, 
"You are home and I am now your family." 
Was that really 22 years ago?

No comments: