Monday, December 28, 2020

LONGEST NIGHT OF MY LIFE

 It was the longest night ever!!! I got out of bed at 3:30am and went into the living room and stared at the Christmas Tree and cried and continued to PRAY with all that I had in me. I prayed that Bryan would be able to rest and breath and heal his body. I prayed till about 6:00pm and then I posted on facebook's Worldwide Unified page that I needed prayers for my sweet husband. Please pray that his lungs will remain clear and that he would be able to rest. I got call from my sister Irene and she said that she was on her way over to my house to be with me. She arrived with Starbucks for me and Syd and Cec and the babies. We talked and hugged and just hung out. I sure needed her visit more than I thought I did. I love when people become ministering angels.

About 7:45am I received a text message from Bryan:

"Hi Beautiful - I am doing great! Crazy story, at 4:00am a nurse came in and wanted to give me a sleeping pill but I told her that my wife is praying for me to sleep well so I will go with that. I fell asleep and just woke up, thanks for your prayers. I am doing better. They want to keep me in here till Thursday to keep an eye on me that I don't get pnuemonia"

Irene went to the hospital and dropped off tacos and a card but Bryan said that he wasn't able to eat them for lunch because his blood sugar was so high. We couldn't understand what was making his bloodsugar in the 400's. They figured it was the steroid. But they gave Bryan so much insulin but it wasn't doing anything for him. They figured he was Insulin resistant which is worse than Diabetic, if you don't take care of it. (Tender mercy we found that out) We figured out after the fact that the steroid was causing his blood sugar to spike. 

No comments: