Wednesday, December 9, 2020

Rex swallows magnetic bucky balls

 I was watching Mia and Rex for the day and everything was normal. Angel came home around 4:00pm and he was planning on staying for a little bit and help Bryan with the baseboards in the basement. We were eating at the table before the guys went downstairs, eating burritos. On the other side of the table Mia was playing with Trevor's bucky balls that are magnet balls like beebee gun pellets. I told Rex he was too small to play with them so it's only Mia. He kept trying to go watch her play with them. After we ate we went outside to play and ride bikes and the guys went downstairs. We came in an hour later and were inside watching a show when Rex came to me and said, "Gamma my tummy hurts" so I remembered that he hadn't pooped that day, so I started rubbing his back and tummy hoping to stir something up in there. He then said , "my diaper (meaning change my diaper)" So he went and got me a diaper and as I was changing him I was trying to push his legs back so it would help him poop and that didn't help. He was flopping around acting so uncomfortable. I then held him and he kept flopping around on my lap and complaining about his tummy. I looked at him and he looked like he was getting pale and so I thought I need to take him to Angel. So we went downstairs and I told Angel I thought something was wrong with Rex. He thought he must be tired and I told him I don't think this complaining is tired, I honestly think something is wrong. So he held him and Rex just went limp, he didn't have strength to stand or even hold his head up. He was getting more and more pale. We went upstairs and tried giving him soda because that always perks him up and NOTHING. So I told him you need to take him to the hospital and get him checked out. Bryan drove while Angel held Rex and tried to keep him up. They met up with JR Martin at Lamy's and he checked him out and told them get him to the hospital. Cecilee met them there and they took Rex right back after Angel got to give him a blessing with Clay. They checked him out and at first because of his lethargic they thought he got into medication. Cecilee called me to ask if there was a possibility and I said, ABSOLUTELY NOT, we keep our medicines OUT OF REACH and I vacuum before they come over so there is NOTHING on the floors.  But I did remember him watching Mia play with the Bucky Balls and he could've shoved a few in his mouth. So she shared that with the nurses and they did an x-ray and found some at the bottom of his stomach. So they needed to act FAST and remove them before they started going into the intestines. They removed all 5 of them and he felt so much better. That was so scary. 



No comments: