Wednesday, December 23, 2020

OXYGEN - What the Heck!!!

Tuesday came and the Oxygen was delivered to our doorstep. Bryan asked who was at the door and Sydnee told him that it was a man delivering Oxygen. Bryan said, "WHAT the Heck for? Mom is ridiculous!" He then called me and said ,"WHY did you order Oxygen? I am NOT having ANY breathing issues." I told him that I don't know what to expect from this virus and that I would much rather be prepared for the worst and NOT USE It then to have issues and NOT HAVE IT. So I don't care how much it is even if we don't use it. So there it sat in our living room by itself. Which is exactly HOW I WANTED IT!!!

Wednesday morning I peeked in on Bryan and he said to me, "Tonya, I sound like you." I didn't understand what he was meaning, but he clarified by saying, "I sound like you when you wheeze." That perked my ears and I said, "Are you wheezing?" He said, "A little bit" OH MY GOODNESS - it's going into his lungs now. So I called JR Martin and told him that I wanted to start him on the hydrochloriquin and the steroid for his lungs. So he brought them over and we started that. 
We had been in contact with our good friend Shelly Hansen in California. She is in the thick of COVID in her hospital so she was giving me things to make sure to do for Bryan. She sent me videos to watch from YOUTUBE and told me to have him "PRONE" lay on his stomach. What that does is it keeps the virus from going into the back of the lungs where the issues start for respiratory trouble. Then Tia called and told me to tell Bryan to ride the bike so that the lungs keep working and nothing can get in there. 

We were taking Bryan his food and medicines through the back door. We open and place inside and take the old out. Poor Bryan just looks miserable, sitting on the couch and feeling every symptom there is known for COVID. As I spoke with Shelly she said, "Tonya, the 6-10th days are the worse. He is more contagious and if you have lung issues you want to get out of the house." So Trevor and Kylee were getting COVID tested and asked if I wanted to as well before I went over to the girls homes, so I know that I'm not spreading it" I went over to the Martins and we all got tested. The results were NEGATIVE!!!! I came home and took the laundry basket of clean clothes that I just washed of mine to Cambria's and I stayed there. Sydnee said, "Mom I will stay with dad and take care of him" This was Christmas Eve. WOW!!! This was definitely NOT what I had planned for Christmas Eve. It didn't even feel like Christmas right now. I wasn't thinking of any of our traditions or anything but Bryan and his health. I was so sad to leave Sydnee alone taking care of Bryan. Sydnee was so sweet, she said, "Mom I don't want you to get this, if I get it, I'll be fine, if you get it, it could be bad. Please just go to Cambria's for a few days" As I drove to Cambria's house I just cried with tears running down my face, praying that Bryan will start feeling better and that Sydnee will be kept safe as well. 

It's Christmas Eve and I'm at Cambria's and she is having her first LIVE Nativity in her backyard. I am watching from inside the house so that I am not compromising anyone. It was beautiful. 
I think it was exactly what she had envisioned when completing her backyard. I felt so bad that my husband and Sydnee were home by themselves spending Christmas Eve. It felt so different to be sleeping at my daughter's home on Christmas Eve. Gosh I am missing my sweetheart. 

No comments: